The MUD 100 series Photos thread (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looks good. I'm getting a set of tires (275/70/18 KO2) hopefully tomorrow just had a moment of doubt if it'll bolt up without rubbing.

Should work without rubbing, but you should adjust the sensor to get a little lift if you haven't already, takes 5 minutes.

Should work without rubbing, but you should adjust the sensor to get a little lift if you haven't already, takes 5 minutes.
Thanks I’ll have to search to see I’ve had this tank for about a month and apprehensive about doing anything that might upset it lol. AHC works great I would hate to have it go wonky

Nice looks good. I'm getting a set of tires (275/70/18 KO2) hopefully tomorrow just had a moment of doubt if it'll bolt up without rubbing.
Don't sweat it. You'll be fine with that size. I'd say that 285/75r16 and 275/70r18 are the two most common sizes on 100's other than stock.

Thanks I’ll have to search to see I’ve had this tank for about a month and apprehensive about doing anything that might upset it lol. AHC works great I would hate to have it go wonky
If you want to prolong the life of it, get someone to check your neutral pressure and adjust it to get it within spec. Overtime your springs and torsion bars get tired and the weight of the behemoth of a vehicle will rest solely on the globes potentially blowing them out prematurely. High pressure is the leading cause of ruptured globes. Post pics of what you got.

If you want to prolong the life of it, get someone to check your neutral pressure and adjust it to get it within spec. Overtime your springs and torsion bars get tired and the weight of the behemoth of a vehicle will rest solely on the globes potentially blowing them out prematurely. High pressure is the leading cause of ruptured globes. Post pics of what you got.
Yeah I hoping I can find a mudder that resides in SoCal that has tecstream and knowledge of doing this to school me

Made the old girl work today. 160mi round trip to whats left of the lake and back. The LX did amazing. Engine temp bumped up to around 200 up the hills, but it was 97* outside. Averaged 10.1mpg on the scanguage. That was the best thing about the trip. Boating sucked. Engine started to misfire, wife dropped her phone in the deepest part of the lake, and kids got ketchup all over the new interior. Just one of those days...View attachment 2747783
Not a bad life man, just a bad day. Is your LX still on AHC or swapped it out to static suspension setup? The wheels making the LX look great, and vice versa.

Not a bad life man, just a bad day. Is your LX still on AHC or swapped it out to static suspension setup? The wheels making the LX look great, and vice versa.
Yup! Life is good! Just one of those days where things don't go the way you expected.

Gutted AHC a couple years ago for Tough Dog. Pretty happy with the setup. Had the rear shocks cranked up to 8 on the way to the lake which was way too firm. Set them to 6 on way home and was plush.

Getting there.

2BA4F5D6-B09F-4832-828C-E19AE0D46B46.jpeg

1/2. Made an attempt to overland through the Book Cliffs to see the Great Hunt Panel in 9 Mile Canyon (it’s 40 miles less driving each way vs. paved roads). However recent torrential rain here had washed out many spots. We kept going until we just couldn’t. Almost got stuck in deep mud, saw wild horses, and got up over 10k ft.

79CCAE46-A08C-427E-9D60-EF33F919CD63.jpeg

72EA0894-AF84-4E5C-9918-DF78DB6FEC27.jpeg

1CD4FA4E-C580-40F2-B916-268357A26280.jpeg

01810F8C-FA4A-4823-BB6A-5F802D05BBBD.jpeg

5083ABB4-EB2F-4B14-BC98-5313FB5C584B.jpeg

Yup! Life is good! Just one of those days where things don't go the way you expected.

Gutted AHC a couple years ago for Tough Dog. Pretty happy with the setup. Had the rear shocks cranked up to 8 on the way to the lake which was way too firm. Set them to 6 on way home and was plush.
That (TD adjustable big bore) and KONI Raid are my go-to practical and reliable suspension brands I would use on my LX if the need arises. And have used also on my builds for my clients before on LRs, Nissan Patrols, 200s and Hilux, 10 years to-date believe me or not, they are still on those same rigs. Money well spent indeed.

I have a new love which has stolen my heart, so haven't been driving the 100 much.

PXL_20210803_203005354.jpg

However, paddling today, so needed 100 & roof rack. Lovely, quiet day on the Hudson.

PXL_20210803_202445607.jpg
PXL_20210803_171400542.jpg
PXL_20210803_160752389.jpg
PXL_20210803_180600019.MP.jpg

Yup, bound to have some babushka call it in and then the fun begins with the Oregon DMV... Could be :worms: but, eh, nothing like a little pro se challenge to the Man...

Reactions: UGN
Testing out the 4.88's and 25% TCaseLow reduction gears prior to running Rubicon in a couple weeks, absolute weapon, loving this setup!!!

i-kRQRcXm-X2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom