The MUD 100 series Photos thread (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moon beers

moonbeers.jpg

Also got a local car camp trip in before all the flocking dip s***s start our next inevitable fire.

beave.jpg

Last edited:
This is high on my list of local runs. How was the pass road this time of year? Still water crossings are dry and dusty?
I too ran this about two weeks ago. Had some rainfall leaving 7-9 water crossings and one deep muddy rutted spot at the end. Drive by a flooded Honda Pilot and an abandoned renegade. Got stuck myself on the way back out and had to traction board out with wife driving under knee deep water.

This is high on my list of local runs. How was the pass road this time of year? Still water crossings are dry and dusty?
Sand at the beginning can be tough but was fine this time. The water crossings are not too deep (there are 9) . Was some standing long runs from all the rain over memorial day weekend but not muddy. All in all it was an easy drive. I’ve seen some of the stuff you drive so you will have no problem. It’s better early in the season because there is still some creek flowing through the dunes to play around in and have lunch and the sand is more firm.

Installed the Isi bike rack that was custom fitted to my truck's measurements. Happy to report it is very sturdy and stable, bikes don't move around at all!

Getting into the rear hatch was already unpleasant with the dual swing outs, this makes it downright impractical. I am thinking abt having a hitch receiver welded on to the right hand swing out and put the bike carrier on it.

Other option is to find some sort of opening rear quarter panel windows to make it easier to get in the cargo area.

Before and after

20210523_200711.jpg

20210617_200445.jpg

Installed the Isi bike rack that was custom fitted to my truck's measurements. Happy to report it is very sturdy and stable, bikes don't move around at all!

Getting into the rear hatch was already unpleasant with the dual swing outs, this makes it downright impractical. I am thinking abt having a hitch receiver welded on to the right hand swing out and put the bike carrier on it.

Other option is to find some sort of opening rear quarter panel windows to make it easier to get in the cargo area.

Before and after

View attachment 2706779

View attachment 2706780
So you can’t drop the rack to clear the swing outs?

Before and after

View attachment 2706779

View attachment 2706780

Welding the receiver to the RH swingout has been done by a member here.. Can't remember his handle. I'll do some looking..
I've remedied this issue with a 4" drop receiver.. Not ideal but it works.
My recommendation for the window option is EmuWing... I want to do the same eventually

Welding the receiver to the RH swingout has been done by a member here.. Can't remember his handle. I'll do some looking..
I've remedied this issue with a 4" drop receiver.. Not ideal but it works.
My recommendation for the window option is EmuWing... I want to do the same eventually
Here is a link to my build on the subject of the drop hitch... Post #147

I'm still hunting the member who sent me a picture of where he welded a receiver to the swingout... Stand by.

Photos for the thread
PXL_20210612_162150517.jpg

LOL
IMG_20210617_220434.jpg

So you can’t drop the rack to clear the swing outs?
Yes I can. With 4 bikes on there, it is quite heavy and awkward to swing down.
I must be a weak softy because I couldn't prop it up with one hand while putting the upper pin in with the other. Had to hold it up with both hands while my daughter put the pin in.

20210617_160253.jpg

Here is a link to my build on the subject of the drop hitch... Post #147

I'm still hunting the member who sent me a picture of where he welded a receiver to the swingout... Stand by.

Photos for the thread
View attachment 2706830

LOL
View attachment 2706832
Pretty sure that was @landshark9 who welded the hitch receiver on the right hand swing out. But I am less sure it would be sturdy enough for the 4 bike rack

there are some receiver-based tilting spare tire mounts that are spring-dampened to be able to handle the weight easily. Maybe something like that could be modified as a basis for a multiple bike rack.

Nie mam pojęcia, co to powiedział... :)

Ale bardzo ładne zdjęcie!

(OK, OK, Google did help a bit...)

and Welcome, glad to have you with us!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom