The MUD 100 series Photos thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^ welcome to MUD, Frank! Nice clean truck!
(there are beaches in Holland? Like with coconut trees and all...? :) )

Went to the Ozark National Forest and followed a bunch of county roads thru the woods. Found some cool trails and a ton of water crossings. Great trip

8637AC87-C1B9-4DA8-BA37-428274773FF6.jpeg

pleasantly surprised, I read not that long ago that they were going to close the place up for a while.

pleasantly surprised, I read not that long ago that they were going to close the place up for a while.

It has been closed until recently. The Coastal Commission recommended it be closed to OHV use within 5 years. A lot of the beachfront is still closed and fencing has been placed in many areas of the dunes. We figured we better get out there before it is too late.

Last edited:
I did a little informal comparison test last night showing the LED COLIGHT Lasers, which are designed for long distance illumination. Man, they are BRIGHT, perfect for driving pitch black country roads in the Texas Hill Country. I feel better dodging deer out there now!

Before (headlights + fogs):

lasers1.jpg

After (headlights + fogs + lasers):
lasers2.jpg

First post from a total noob here. New first time land cruiser owner. I picked up this '06 yesterday and am itching to get it out tomorrow.

Cruise1.jpg

First post from a total noob here. New first time land cruiser owner. I picked up this '06 yesterday and am itching to get it out tomorrow.

View attachment 2667678
Looks great and came with some nice upgrades! Be leery of the brush guard though as they're known to be "damage multipliers" even in the smallest fender benders. Tends to push the front grill and stuff in causing more damage compared to just the stock bumper taking the hit.

Looks great and came with some nice upgrades! Be leery of the brush guard though as they're known to be "damage multipliers" even in the smallest fender benders. Tends to push the front grill and stuff in causing more damage compared to just the stock bumper taking the hit.
I really appreciate that information @sanshin Thank you!

@Exiled those are bright! Is that the same pair of lights like what @J1000 used?

These are LED Colight 9" "lasers", same ones that @Box Rocket has on his 80. After seeing Adam's and sharing a similar need (narrower spread at a long distance), decided to try them out. They're not cheap but really nice quality and I've been impressed. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

@Exiled those are bright! Is that the same pair of lights like what @J1000 used?
I just happened to stumble onto these lights and they caught my eye. I did a little research on them and decided to take a gamble on them. They have been very impressive. They have weatherproof plugs and the quality all around seems very good. When mine arrived the outer "shell" on one of the plugs had cracked and a piece was broken. It probably got put into the box incorrectly and was under the light and got smashed. I contacted the company and they sent me a replacement plug and harness right away.

I wanted a light with a tight beam and as much distance as I could find. I've been using some good HID spots for years because they had more distance than any LED option on the market. I was skeptical these Laser lights would have more distance than the HIDs but they do! Their distance is incredible! For my eyes that seem to get older by the minute it's a huge difference when driving fast desert roads at night. Being able to anticipate turns and obstacles much sooner is great. When we go to our family cabin there's always a risk of deer and elk in the roads. These make a huge difference is seeing animals much sooner! @Exiled and a few others have picked some up too and I think are having similar experience with them. I've been impressed so far.

I have the 9" version that has a large field of LEDs surrounding the center laser module. So there is still a good spread of light from the LEDs. The laser beam pattern is very tight but my test up near our cabin showed that the lights were still hitting objects and visible and nearly 1 mile!
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Laser Lights. by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I've never had a light that cut through thick fog like these. LEDs usually just create a blinding wall right in front of you in the fog.
Laser Lights. by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Like Henry, I have no affiliation with the company, just very happy with the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom