The MUD 100 series Photos thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello. Just joined the mud family. 99 LC Riverock Green Mica w/ rear locker. 155k miles. I build custom furniture for a living and just got married so we were looking for a car that could help with both family and work. 100 series was a perfect fit. It was on 22's when picked up so I went with SCS F5's. Im guessing you'll see more 100's on SCS because of their restock lol see previous post :doh: Thanks RPM Garage for helping with the wheels.

Last edited:
....but tell me more about that hood!
It's a solid graft from a 2018 VDJ bonnet cold-bonded onto our original 105 bonnet, prepped and sprayed to match.

RWZP9cx.jpg

d4nmWUn.jpg

RCo3ACb.jpg

1F10VjO.jpg

Are you running a big fat Holden LS3 swap under there?

Not quite, it's a US spec L92 Vortec + 6L80 combo that we imported from a 2009 GMC Sierra Denali, rebuilt and stroked to 416ci making around 400awhp. This is an older pic just after it went in....

gvw7nUZ.jpg

Uh9VUfo.jpg

It’s the Australian 70 series bonnet with the v8 turbo Diesel engine, but has vertical slots in the mouth instead ? Should get them off eBay

Yeah ours was cut from a 2018 model 70 series bonnet which is quite a bit larger than the older model / pre-2017 ones, probably why it has the uprights. Below is a pic of the older VDJ scoop done by the same shop on another 105 from Perth.

1eieisy.jpg

1F10VjO.jpg

Yeah ours was cut from a 2018 model 70 series bonnet which is quite a bit larger than the older model / pre-2017 ones, probably why it has the uprights. Below is a pic of the older VDJ scoop done by the same shop on another 105 from Perth.

1eieisy.jpg

Yeah looks mad, where did you get this done if you don’t mind me asking ? And how much ?

Mines just a 1hz underneath but makes the cruiser look like a beast, seen it done on a bj73 “bundera?” Looked good

Finally dialed in my towing with the Slee bumper. 8" drop with 25 lbs. in the airbags and now the trailer sits dead level.
IMG_20180511_104345080_HDR.jpg

Are those GM tow mirrors?
I’ll answer for @ToHiHy :D They’re clearview tow mirrors made specifically for our rigs. But yes they mimic a Chevy style tow mirror.

@ElkWhisperer looks good! you should run some 1'' or 1.25'' wheel spacers.

really like how it looks, however when working on the front wheel caps last night, I found out that the cap TRD outer cap will not fit even after I have made the whole on the hub cap, so yes, I may need to put wheel spacers. I don't want too much because I don't want my LX to look wide, but rather have it look taller/vertical. I have always loved the look of the 4 runner TRD PRO. It's wheels are pretty narrow at 265x70.

So next forthcoming is a rack basket. I am considering the Thule Canyon XT. Any recommendations? Don't want to spend thousands in a Gamviti or anything like that. Thule Canyon XT is ax expensive as I will go.

@ElkWhisperer really depends what your needs are. you should buy that @ REI, that way if you don't love it, you can return it a month or 2 later. Seems like a lot of guys go that route of getting a basket first, then upgrading to a heavy duty rack. I don't think you will regret wheel spacers. if you do 1.25'' or less, the wheel will be flush to the wheel well and not stick out. also still tucks in during extreme articulation and doesn't hit the fenders.

@ElkWhisperer I don't think you will regret wheel spacers. if you do 1.25'' or less, the wheel will be flush to the wheel well and not stick out. also still tucks in during extreme articulation and doesn't hit the fenders.

Installed some Spidertrak 1.25" spacers bought from Slee today on my LX along with Rock Warrior wheels and Cooper AT3 LT285/70 R17 tires. No problem with the center caps fitting with the spacers installed.

@DJCloz is right about fitment and function. I definitely love the stance and look of my truck now with this combination!

20180517_141616.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom