The MUD 100 series Photos thread (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Few shots of 4x4 labs rear kit.

20170717_125241.jpg

20170717_125229.jpg

20170729_161751.jpg

20170803_084736.jpg

20170802_232057.jpg

JE...sus... how long is that yak? I'm rolling with a 10 footer. That's gotta be a heavy haul.

17'

65 lbs. Not bad, but after a long day out it can feel heavy.

Beartooth Highway is beautiful, I've been there a few times. There are lots of small lakes up there.

Agreed, but that photo is not from Beartooth Highway. Just a network of trails near Cooke City, Montana. Possible HIH location in the future. I've been in the area since HIH7. Logistically, it will be tough since there is so little infrastructure there for a full-blown HIH. Also, it's not really the most family friendly place for the HIH participants that are not comfortable in heavy grizzly bear and moose territory. Plus, @bluecruiser is afraid of anything that can eat him for lunch. We saw 4 bears (all grizzly) and 2 moose over the course of 8 days. The bears were never close or never a threat in any way (I've only had one bear encounter where I was even slightly nervous and that ended without incident). My brother and I had a close call with a moose in the area about 10 years ago that was far more dangerous. Moose are super unpredictable and can be incredibly dangerous, maybe even more so than a bear. I'm not sure all of that falls in line with what Chris and I want for HIH.

It may be a possible mini-HIH location in addition to Silverton and Moab. The bonus is the close proximity to NE Yellowstone. 20 trucks, tops. The area is remote and ridiculously beautiful. It's more of a hiking, climbing, fly fishing, landscape/wildlife photo trip than a wheeling trip. The few trails are essentially either rock crawling (not super hard, just not the best for a 100) or bumpy gravel and rock.

_

Too bad Red Lodge isn't closer to Cooke City, that would be a perfect base camp. Not familiar with wheeling in Wyoming, anything around Cody?

Too bad Red Lodge isn't closer to Cooke City, that would be a perfect base camp. Not familiar with wheeling in Wyoming, anything around Cody?

There are areas around Red Lodge that are great, but not a lot of public land. The area west of Cody is phenomenally beautiful, remote and rugged. Much of it is also private but we ran some trails west of Buffalo Bill Reservoir, but they weren't very long. It's very remote and many of the campgrounds do not allow soft-sided or ground tents because of the grizzly population. Cody is a super cool town and the rodeo is an absolute must-see if you're ever in the area.

This guy came to say hi. Photo was taken from the 100, so I guess it counts as a 100 series photo.

_D712386 by

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom