The MUD 100 series Photos thread (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cleaned up, shined up, poser pics of a stock 2000 LC. Looks shameful up next to the beautiful machines in this thread..

20170202_154335.jpg

20170205_175557_001.jpg

20170212_180954.jpg

20170212_181003.jpg

20170308_082225.jpg

Cleaned up, shined up, poser pics of a stock 2000 LC. Looks shameful up next to the beautiful machines in this thread..

View attachment 1426364

View attachment 1426365

View attachment 1426366

View attachment 1426367

View attachment 1426368

Clean! Nice job with the paint on the roof rack.

I notice you have a 1 1/4" Kuat hitch rack. How long is your hitch adapter? Does it clear the tailgate with bikes on it? I have the same rack and am in the market for an adapter.

Clean! Nice job with the paint on the roof rack.

I notice you have a 1 1/4" Kuat hitch rack. How long is your hitch adapter? Does it clear the tailgate with bikes on it? I have the same rack and am in the market for an adapter.

With 2 bikes on, Yes- it clears the first bike with just a little space to spare, but you just need to fold down the rack to be safe. Luckily, the Kuat has that great drop feature to clear almost any liftgate. If you have just a single bike on it, put it on the outside (far side). The gate clears the rack no problem with the 9 inch reducer/extension. Be sure to also get a decent hitch lock! With this extension/reducer- this rack fits the LC like a glove.

20170323_014747.jpg

Wilbinga Dunes, Western Australia

Kalbarri, Western Australia

Gladstone Bay, Western Australia

That's not paint. It's the rack off my 2000 LC. :)

Yes, Mark, I neglected to give you credit for the rack (on this forum, anyway)- just focused on the Kuat question.

This all started 3 years ago with wanting a cheap 4 wheel drive anything to go fishing with. I may have gotten a little carried away with her. One of the benefits of working at a large car dealership is getting your own cars professionally photographed.
IMG_1940.JPG
IMG_1939.JPG
IMG_3252.JPG

Logged in here for the first time in years today after I saw the group buy discussion on LR fuel tanks. Made me feel like a loser that I contribute nothing to this great board, so here you go. (I got 3 kids under three, so the running boards stay, for now.)

140k mi
Gold package removed
Gray body panel body matched
Old Man Emu 2.5 lift and diff drop
2005+ 18" wheels
Spacers
325/65 Duratracs
Quad Bi-Xenon retrofit(YAAAAssss)
05-07 grille upgrade
LED interior and lic plate
Doug Thorley Cat-Back exhaust

And bunch of car audio stuff you guys might not care about but I will say Apple CarPlay brings it right up to date electronics/navigation wise. I'm so glad that I got stuck in the snow that one time years ago and decided to not have it happen again. I just didn't realize that the car I bought as a snow truck would make me sell my "real car" and start treating this like it's my mistress er something. I love this thing.

IMG_6766.JPG

IMG_6767.JPG

IMG_6768.JPG

Last edited:
Logged in here for the first time in years today after I saw the group buy discussion on LR fuel tanks. Made me feel like a loser that I contribute nothing to this great board, so here you go. (I got 3 kids under three, so the running boards stay, for now.)

140k mi
Gold package removed
Gray body panel body matched
Old Man Emu 2.5 lift and diff drop
2005+ 18" wheels
Spacers
325/65 Duratracs
Quad Bi-Xenon retrofit(YAAAAssss)
05-07 grille upgrade
LED interior and lic plate
Doug Thorley Cat-Back exhaust

And bunch of car audio stuff you guys might not care about but I will say Apple CarPlay brings it right up to date electronics/navigation wise. I'm so glad that I got stuck in the snow that one time years ago and decided to not have it happen again. I just didn't realize that the car I bought for 10k as a snow truck would make me sell my "real car" and start treating this like it's my mistress er something. I love this thing.

View attachment 1427511

View attachment 1427512

View attachment 1427513
Wow...beautiful rig! Excellent job on the projector retrofit as well those are awesome. The projectors and updated grill/headlights really makes it stand out nicely!

What head unit did you go with?
I'm wanting to add Apple Car play to my 98.
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. It's been replaced by the 4201 now but it's prob pretty much the same. But yeah, from a navigation standpoint, CarPlay is the best system I've used in any car ever. You just tell Siri where you want to go and you're done. It made it impossible to not rip out my wife's entire nav and stereo system out of her Yukon after I had to use it and just cussed the people who designed it. And in the scheme of car navigation systems her wasn't even that bad, but it was prob designed around 2011-12 and is just from a different era than a phone whose software is updated constantly.

No head unit really puts out real power so I paired it with a JL 900/5 that I put under the passenger seat. It's about all that 80 amp alternator can handle and even this little amp's musical peaks dimmed the lights noticibly before I did the HID retrofit. Anything bigger prob would require an aftermarket alternator.

IMG_0084.JPG
Pulled the rigs out for some spring cleaning of the garage. Can't wait to get some spring cleaning done to them!

Skidoo, well posed!!

Went to Big Bend National Park to ride motorcycles last week. No wheeling, but was available for rescue if needed. Over 1200 miles round trip. This is what I bought this vehicle for and for me, there's nothing better.

Air bags are in my future. That bike is about 300 lbs and the back of the 100 is packed with stuff.
IMG_1217-M.jpg

Camp
IMG_1233-M.jpg

Do you ever get the feeling that everyone wants your Land Cruiser.
Anza Borrego State Park, SoCal. Was down for the flower peeping season, superbloom this year.
33590294696_f5280b9ea0_h.jpg
Those things would sure ruin a nice Land Cruiser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom