The Moonshine Motel (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed and *mostly* plumbed. Think I'm gonna rock the bucket for the sink drain for now, plumb the grey tank in later.

Please pardon the dust on the counter. The finish came out great.

AM-JKLUqlPvORxGkUP-M-R6MFXsR0cgEiCKCTqDjQoB3vVfRJUQusQw7LagrAVWPAX4yAkleG1_F9HeWo8PWgfrCs-vxbvzyjQmsz1K0k1LW9KTEjurNvXCWNkATVxyadIXd9JuoktWxEsLJIzHw_1qAc2zJJw=w1920-h1440-no

AM-JKLWQXKlo_u1fsLMSgzXMz3EcO4LXh5rM80dzn6wQjWYrpMdBGhMrwWSBJ6MgZES25yHHlA_EHPWQ5Ug9SFhaY40Uamk2iIxHe4DEmJmGLhC1ZKuDCWpeO9dwRgr0xXjj3uPqhKzKt6xP3FEe_TV-cLjEMw=w1920-h1440-no

AM-JKLVUZJ4wG_piXgBjWULOGrinHKQCAjQxc2W1DoQBmMuuz9aPbJdZ94YnJJwdEtQw8IHUYR81yaLmHKWw7R7L9XnCYATh5U9MHxB6-KZl_XmL3bq1Sma9RSQeQ30gfVwVz5N2L5HGmRJt2StZGkaN_wu2rA=w1920-h1440-no

Forgot to include this before, but I stuck a GFCI outlet in the wet side of the cabinet for the water heater. We now have hot and cold water though the faucet :grinpimp:

AM-JKLVzx0xweYWOxiRlAkWxipAgjfTtNiBV092KYsZl9Owh6bufKcFKg8X_sLNWFR1RiISjriBWRPa5l_alyxJTc-ZXY_YQHM8jfDxQJ6YKro6gkZIdVsxaicQoEyia5N4PTvTCDAPvrz5iG2fd2MlGndB3Dw=w1920-h1440-no

The faucet in your truck's motel is nicer than the one in most people's house. Moonshine is getting bougie!

The faucet in your truck's motel is nicer than the one in most people's house. Moonshine is getting bougie!

Real talk: those gooseneck style faucets cost like $60 on amazon. Buy one for your house and put it in, takes maybe 30 min while drinking a beer. Thank me later, you will love it.

The specific one pictured above:

Amazon product ASIN B07D8F5NCW

That style faucet is exceptionally handy when using it on a small sink. Plus you could always fill containers of water for other uses without them having to fit in the sink.

That style faucet is exceptionally handy when using it on a small sink. Plus you could always fill containers of water for other uses without them having to fit in the sink.

So handy being able to fill a pot of water on the counter instead of in the sink. So so so nice. Better pressure than a standard faucet too a lot of the time.

In my house, had a friend come over and they asked why my kitchen faucet water flow was so slow. Never occurred to me before, figured it was normal, but I replaced it with a gooseneck style one and damn, what a difference. Should have done it a long time ago.

Johny you could also add a simple filteration system to the faucet. Not that you will be drinking the water but just some added insurance. If you deem it important enough. I am probably going to add one to my camper since it is an east bit of insurance.

Johny you could also add a simple filteration system to the faucet. Not that you will be drinking the water but just some added insurance. If you deem it important enough. I am probably going to add one to my camper since it is an east bit of insurance.

Ive got an inlet screen/filter on the pump between the fresh water tank and pump.

Another great trip. All of the additions were welcome. A buddy heater up in the goose was enough to keep us warm and cozy while sleeping. Never fired up the generator, which was really nice, and as such we didn't have hot water, but the running water was awesome. May end up running a diesel heater water heater in conjunction with this point of use tank so I can avoid using the genny altogether when I don't need AC.

The LED strip lights on the outside are ****ing awesome, and even better that they're dimmable. Interior LED lights are just bright enough.

Need to add more tables inside, work on getting the spare tires I carry stowed somewhere other than the floor inside, and hopefully more.

10/10

Battleborn batteries is having their first ever B stock/Blem sale. Dont knownwhat the prices would be on their lithium batteries, but its just me spendin someone else's money

Battleborn batteries is having their first ever B stock/Blem sale. Dont knownwhat the prices would be on their lithium batteries, but its just me spendin someone else's money

Ive got 280ah of LiFePO4 batteries in the motel already (pic in post 201 of this thread). Battleborn is overpriced, even their blems. Buy individual cells and wire them together with a bms, or use one of the cheap pre-made units this guy approves. He knows his s*** and reviews all the things lithium.

I went with a lion Technologies 108ah group 24 in my teardrop. love it

I went with a lion Technologies 108ah group 24 in my teardrop. love it

Will prowse, the guy who runs the website above and has a yt channel, spoke favorably of the lion batteries if memory serves. Nice choice.

For just over $100 you can get a propane on demand water heater. We used them camping, one for the shower and one in the kitchen. it would have to vent outside, though.

For just over $100 you can get a propane on demand water heater. We used them camping, one for the shower and one in the kitchen. it would have to vent outside, though.

I hear you. Trying my hardest to eliminate having to carry propane. Very nearly there.

I figured you had it onboard already

I figured you had it onboard already
Not mounted anywhere no. I've been carrying a few bottles around for heat and for running the Honda genny, but the goal is to use diesel for everything.

I'm working on designing a hydronic system that will do everything I want.

Sold some stuff and picked this bad boy up. Gonna shoehorn it into my electronics cabinet and rewire everything again :p

PXL_20211207_174032411.jpg

Between the genny and the electronics cabinet that trailer is gonna be better equipped for power generation than some high dollar yachts. Party on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom