The Merkel Pig Farm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glennmerkel

SILVER Star
Threads
I’ve been on here way too long to not start a thread so here we go. My name is Glenn and I have a Pig problem. I had every intention of tearing this Pig down during the winter to do a complete frame off.
That plan changed with the very likely scenario of moving in 2018. It could possibly be a few hour move but a complete cross country move is looking more likely. The idea of having a frame, body, and boxes of parts to move didn’t seem very prudent. I’ll also have next to no free time after the move for about 3 years so I didn’t want to have everything apart for that long. This is the truck that @Awk338 posted awhile back that he spotted on some site. It got a ride from our fabrication shop in Rio Vista,CA to Mobile, AL where we were in shipyard there. Then it got another ride to NJ to our other yard. I picked it up from there and brought it home. I’m mildly obsessed with these Pigs and that’s why the area down by the barn looks the way it does.
There is still a Pig down there that needs some parts removed before it makes its way to its new home in NH. This 76 is what I drive around quite a bit when I’m home.
It needs all the typical rust repair but I have the parts put aside for that. I got the roof painted so I didn’t lose that also.
I have a bunch of maintenance type work to do on it so I figured I could cover that in the thread. The plan is to get her in the garage next time home and start tackling some of it. There is also my 70 3B Diesel project up there that I hope to work on again. I also need to fit in a lot of organizing and getting parts in crates. I’m back at work now so it’ll be a few weeks before any real posting happens.

:popcorn:

I’d still be ridin a bike and hitching rides without him!

Glad to help fellas. @wngrog thats pretty close to true.

all good things, Big R, all good things...those who wait...we hope...

Yeah, but I'm running out of time. My sand in the hour glass is slipping away. :) Young guys...geez!

Believe me, as soon as I can start the tear down I will. I just have to be realistic about the free time I have. I can set you up in the garage if you like and I'll help when I can. :) It's like a 3 year apprentice ship/training program with a lot of testing and milestones that have to be met.

It's for harbor pilots. It's between San Francisco and Baltimore so whoever calls first is where we'll be relocating to.

It sure would be easier.

I’ve been on here way too long to not start a thread so here we go. My name is Glenn and I have a Pig problem. I had every intention of tearing this Pig down during the winter to do a complete frame off.
That plan changed with the very likely scenario of moving in 2018. It could possibly be a few hour move but a complete cross country move is looking more likely. The idea of having a frame, body, and boxes of parts to move didn’t seem very prudent. I’ll also have next to no free time after the move for about 3 years so I didn’t want to have everything apart for that long. This is the truck that @Awk338 posted awhile back that he spotted on some site. It got a ride from our fabrication shop in Rio Vista,CA to Mobile, AL where we were in shipyard there. Then it got another ride to NJ to our other yard. I picked it up from there and brought it home. I’m mildly obsessed with these Pigs and that’s why the area down by the barn looks the way it does.
There is still a Pig down there that needs some parts removed before it makes its way to its new home in NH. This 76 is what I drive around quite a bit when I’m home.
It needs all the typical rust repair but I have the parts put aside for that. I got the roof painted so I didn’t lose that also.
I have a bunch of maintenance type work to do on it so I figured I could cover that in the thread. The plan is to get her in the garage next time home and start tackling some of it. There is also my 70 3B Diesel project up there that I hope to work on again. I also need to fit in a lot of organizing and getting parts in crates. I’m back at work now so it’ll be a few weeks before any real posting happens.
You shoulda posted you were in Mobile....I live there

I was there before you bought that one from @wngrog. We're in Mobile quite a bit for yard periods. I'll hit you up when we come through again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom