The master switch connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, it will be behind the 'kick panel'. But I'd double check (or replace your 30 amp FL fuse first). Relays DO go bad but more often it will be a poor connection (corrosion) so check that as well. A leaking windshield will allow water into that area and cause all kinds of issues. Then lastly, check the wiring bundle from the door pillar to the main switch. It is not unusual to find broken/chaffed wires there.
Hi! I have tried to replace the 30A fuse and check the wire connecting to the door lock control relay. Finally it doesn't help!
What relay should I test and replace it if it is broken? :)

I just found the aftermarket master switch unit is for the LHD. My 80 is RHD. Was this a good sign for us to know which unit is burned/ broken? Please.

All, how can I know if the door lock relay is broken?

IMG_20200606_180425.jpg

When I replaced my master switch from SwitchDoctor (I think), it was worse than what I replaced. I ended up cleaning up the original and had better results. Maybe a bad aftermarket switch? Know any around with a working 80 you could swap and test yours in?

Does anyone know this? I found it is broken. I hope it can help to solve the problem. :)
IMG_20200613_144050.jpg

Does anyone know this? I found it is broken. I hope it can help to solve the problem. :)
View attachment 2338390

That Sir is the fuse several of us told you to check at the very beginning of this thread. Best to just replace it and AND check the fuse block for corrosion.

That Sir is the fuse several of us told you to check at the very beginning of this thread. Best to just replace it and AND check the fuse block for corrosion.
It is working now! I just changed the fuse! :) Thanks for your hint.

It is working now! I just changed the fuse! :) Thanks for your hint.

Excellent, thanks for the follow up. Always check the simple things first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom