The master switch connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I want to replace the master switch connector with the non-official parts. I just unplug the cable of the master unit and connect to the non-official unit. I found it doesn't work. So I change back to the original unit. It also doesn't work! All the windows lock also doesn't work now!

Is it there is a fuse for this system? How to fix it? Please advise.

You have many views, and no responses. I think we may need more information.
What vehicle are we talking about?
Is the master switch a stock part or aftermarket? Do you have a picture?

Which system are you working on? I’m not familiar with the “master switch”. Where is it located?

At the driver side, it is used for controlling all windows and door lock. Thx

First you need to give us some information:

What year model is your Land Cruiser?

Are you trying to replace the Master Switch or the Connector (your title is confusing).

First you need to give us some information:

What year model is your Land Cruiser?

Are you trying to replace the Master Switch or the Connector (your title is confusing).
Sorry for misleading.
The model is in 1996 HDJ81. Yes, I did try to replace the master switch. Finally all buttons of the master switch doesn't work! Thx.

Sorry for misleading.
The model is in 1996 HDJ81. Yes, I did try to replace the master switch. Finally all buttons of the master switch doesn't work! Thx.

Do the windows (other than the drivers window) work when operated separately from their switches at each door?

Good question. All switches does not work! Thx

Then the possibilities are:

Blown fuse (check your 30 amp FL).
Window lock is on (you probably checked that).
Relay behind drivers side kick panel is no good.
**Wires in the harness that come from the door pillar to the switch are broken (you'll have to unwrap the harness a bit to check).

Then the possibilities are:

Blown fuse (check your 30 amp FL).
Window lock is on (you probably checked that).
Relay behind drivers side kick panel is no good.
**Wires in the harness that come from the door pillar to the switch are broken (you'll have to unwrap the harness a bit to check).
It sounds complicated. Anyway I will try to see the fuse first. Thanks a lot.

There is no broken fuses! I will check the relay later. :/

The relay is fairly common and is used in other applications on the vehicle, so you might be able to swap one into that spot and see if that is where the problem lies. IF not...then I'd look to the wiring bundle that goes from the door pillar to the door. A broken wire there would prevent power from reaching the master switch.

I will assume that relays are the same for your non-US spec Cruiser and that locations are the same.

Power Window Relay.jpg

I had issues with the plugs for the harness inside the Driver's A-pillar. The sunroof leaks ran water down that pillar and caused corrosion on the plugs. Pulled them apart, cleaned them up, replugged and they worked.

@eric888
As I read this, it appears you replaced the "master" switch, which controls the windows and door locks. Did any of it work before? Why were you replacing it?

It appears you replaced it with an aftermarket unit, possibly from fleabay? What did you buy? From whom?

Now nothing works with either master switch, which would likely point to a blown fuse somewhere.
I would check the 10A GAUGE fuse, and the 30A FL POWER fuse, which you said you checked. How did you check the fuse? Don't go by looks alone.

30A FL POWER also powers the power seats. Do they work? If yes, then 30A FL POWER fuse is good.

If you popped a 30A fuse, I would expect a loud POP! and you would jump back and you would know something blew.

Also, the Power Relay would not prevent the door locks from working, so don't go down that road yet.

I'm hoping for a blown 30A FL POWER fuse that "looks" good. You wouldn't be the first.

The relay is fairly common and is used in other applications on the vehicle, so you might be able to swap one into that spot and see if that is where the problem lies. IF not...then I'd look to the wiring bundle that goes from the door pillar to the door. A broken wire there would prevent power from reaching the master switch.

I will assume that relays are the same for your non-US spec Cruiser and that locations are the same.

View attachment 2328380
Thanks. Does the relay locate inside the engine areas? I just checked the fuses which are located inside the car at the driver sides. :)

I had issues with the plugs for the harness inside the Driver's A-pillar. The sunroof leaks ran water down that pillar and caused corrosion on the plugs. Pulled them apart, cleaned them up, replugged and they worked.
If there is the image showing the plugs inside the drivers A-pillar it should be better! :)

@eric888
As I read this, it appears you replaced the "master" switch, which controls the windows and door locks. Did any of it work before? Why were you replacing it?

It appears you replaced it with an aftermarket unit, possibly from fleabay? What did you buy? From whom?

Now nothing works with either master switch, which would likely point to a blown fuse somewhere.
I would check the 10A GAUGE fuse, and the 30A FL POWER fuse, which you said you checked. How did you check the fuse? Don't go by looks alone.

30A FL POWER also powers the power seats. Do they work? If yes, then 30A FL POWER fuse is good.

If you popped a 30A fuse, I would expect a loud POP! and you would jump back and you would know something blew.

Also, the Power Relay would not prevent the door locks from working, so don't go down that road yet.

I'm hoping for a blown 30A FL POWER fuse that "looks" good. You wouldn't be the first.
Before only the driver windows does not work! So I tried to use the aftermarket unit! :( what do you mean I cannot drive now? Thanks

Should the relay locate at number 6? I will check the manual later. :)
IMG_20200604_222410.jpg

Should the relay locate at number 6? I will check the manual later. :)View attachment 2329265

Yes, it will be behind the 'kick panel'. But I'd double check (or replace your 30 amp FL fuse first). Relays DO go bad but more often it will be a poor connection (corrosion) so check that as well. A leaking windshield will allow water into that area and cause all kinds of issues. Then lastly, check the wiring bundle from the door pillar to the main switch. It is not unusual to find broken/chaffed wires there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom