Builds The great Stoffel (HJ61 build) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice pictures and good distance traveled!

I've been following this thread for about a year now. Huge fan of your truck. I really like your custom roof rack!

Here's my HJ61:

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4942.JPG

Thats a great looking truck, minus the black gas door perhaps (that could just be me.). Is the rig new to you? Care to share how/where you got her?

Thanks! I was bored one weekend and decided to paint the gas door lol I've had the rig for about a year now from a Japanese collector that i met during one of my trips in the military. He's had the rig since the 90's and decided to import here in the states, but I guess he didn't feel safe driving a RHD truck in our streets.

U know where in Japan that came from? I swear I was looking at one from hokkaido that looked exactly like that.

Obviously the color stood out but also the yellow and red marker lights. Don't see that too much in Japan. Awesome rig.

I too have drooled over the great Stoffel for the past year (and the rack he has). That green is a really nice color on that truck. Great stance too. I'd leave that one as unmolested as possible. its refreshing to see a clean, beefy yet road capable HJ. Can I ask about the little LED lights up front? who makes them, are they 24v etc?

Small update. Because of working out of town for what seems like forever I have not done much to Stoffel in the past few months. I did however notice a leak near the exhaust manifold and had it repaired. Turned out a stud for the manifold had broken off. I ordered all new studs, nuts, washers and exhaust manifold gaskets and had them all replaced. And while the manifold was off it seemed like a good time to drill and tap a pyrometer in so I can watch the temps soar after I boost the turbo a bit more! Besides that it has been business as usual. Next project will be to replace the faulty clutch booster and install a new master clutch cylinder!

IMG_1146-XL.jpg

IMG_1147-XL.jpg

IMG_1149-XL.jpg

Well, looks like Stoffel has hit the big time! Today I was informed that a pic of Stoffel has been featured in an article in........Popular Mechanics!! The article (found here ) is about Essentials for an Overlanding Trip and the pic is for a tent for your vehicle. Not too shabby!!

Well, looks like Stoffel has hit the big time! Today I was informed that a pic of Stoffel has been featured in an article in........Popular Mechanics!! The article (found here ) is about Essentials for an Overlanding Trip and the pic is for a tent for your vehicle. Not too shabby!!

Shouldn't they be paying you for this modeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom