The end of the LX470 Production is near (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somehow, when I last visisted the Venezuela toyota site, I noticed all their cruisers were petrol ones. That would make it difficult to import, as you need the proper smog stuff installed and possibly a new ECU?

As I recall in the thread he claimed those 80s met all US regulations.

I don't think that Toyota is going to get rid of the Land Cruiser totally, I figure they will just stop production of the wagons, specifically the FJ-100, which are rarer and rarer on toyota lots these days. Anyway, I figure they will transition the land cruiser badge on to some version of the FJ concept vehical that we all saw making the rounds at the auto shows recently. As for the rest of the world, I seriously doubt that they will totally stop the production of the LC line, they are the workhorse rig of choice in so many countries that Toyota wouldn't dare to stop making them. -John

This is what the magazines are reporting (AutoWeek, Automobile, Motor Trend..) The LC will be "all new" for 2005 model year based on the FJ Concept. and IIRC the concept was based on the Tacoma chassis (IFS up front :( )

..hmm, So when do you think our 80 series will become "Classics"?

later..
I was actually thinking about this. It seems that 80 series are now being bought by people that tend to appreciate what they are..Land Cruisers, and that the rest of the sheep know as the "market" are buying newer and worse vehicles. For instance, there is probably not a 40 driven by anyone just 'cause. They are driven by Cruiserheads. 60's and 62's are starting to make that transition as well, from being just another 4x4 wagon that lots of different people drive, to mostly self-maintained Cruiser head vehicles. Now its the 80 series turn. Its like the diff-lock thing, how many of the first and second owners don't even know what that means, but now Cruiserheads are starting to buy them to wheel and work on. I'm thinking by 2020 there will be very few if any 80's driven out of necessity/just cause thats what there was to buy, most will be driven by "cruiserheads." (One will/should be me, that price has got to come down first though ::) )

A few of us were dumb enuf to buy them new..... ::)

The main advantage to that is: You know how bad it's been whipped............. :G

The main advantage to that is: You know how bad it's been whipped............. :G

And some of us get to find out later... :(

Um, ..yup. :ugh:

There was an article I was reading in one of the more recent automotive mags, which had a particlular section dedicated to what was going to be coming out of Toyota. One of the items was the return of the Supra. Another discussed the end of the run for the UZJ100 around 2005, BUT that there would be a follow-on model. I don't remember the article stating whether this would be the FJconcept, actually I remember that being mentioned in another part.

If I can find the magizine again, I'll post which one it was.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Toyota would be smart to just rebadge the Sequoia as a Cruiser. Along with this decision should come the move to make an entry level cruiser that actually competes in the same market as the Wrangler/Cherokee/Liberty. Toyota could likely easily change the FJ Concept to be a far better candidate for the build up.

Hmmm... A guy can always dream.

It would be nice to have a basic Landcruiser that costed about Australian $30,000 - Though currently the cheapest Landcruiser is about $45,000 for a Diesel 105 Series.

Geez. That is the equivalent of $30k US. If we could get Diesel 105s here, the Rubicon would have some competition.

I agree with the whole $30k Aussie Cruiser. That would only be $20k here, and would be in a direct position to prove that Jeeps are not the best as most American seem to think.

I had a gas jockey tell me that he knew that Toyota only made one axle and just varied the width depending on application. He knew this? That would mean that my rear axle is the same as in the Sequoia, Tundra, Taco, and even the Rav4? What a tard! I guess that was why he was pumping gas though.

Thanks Cruisin'. That was my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom