The definitive cup holder, cellular device and music machine thread. (as of 2016) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This thread should be renamed the "definitive too lazy to search for hundreds of other posts on the same topics" thread.
Thank you x463 for your brilliance, as always.

I made one for a Bose speaker and one drink. It worked awesome. Then I kept messing with designs and now have the cup holder in the second And third picture. I have added a light switch, and seat heater switches since this picture was taken. It attaches to the seat frame with factory bolts which I like. I lowered the cup holders a little but also because my tall bottles were hitting the shifter.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Drink holder
image.jpeg

Notepad/ phone holder: 1/2" dowel, two binder clips and a piece of scrap aluminum. Note: year specific to 66-74
image.jpeg

Both designs shamelessly borrowed from my Chinese cousin:

Lo Tec

We had an emergency... Dianna updated her iPhone 5s to iOS 10.0.2 and could no longer get the password screen to appear without hitting the home button 20+ times. It was severely degrading her group text time and all hell broke loose here at home :rolleyes:

So, since we changed to new phones, I decided to stay with my current phone holder

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Stereo in the lwb sits under the glovebox, where a heater duct would go in a truck that had a heater. Power is on a toggle switch, partially so I don't have to reach across the cab so much.

I keep the satellite radio control within easy reach, on a simple shelf covering a hole the PO made.
image.jpeg

Dig the molle headliner!

Thanks!

It's not really a headliner... I don't have a headliner... My headliner is paint...

I have an overhead console that is really just a simple, lockable wooden box, covered in carbon fiber. That allowed me to mount the Molle by using wood screws directly into the console.

You can see the piano hinge, for the door, right below the flag... Sorry, I don't have a better picture right now.

Stereo and satellite mount to rollcage in the karma cruiser.
image.jpeg

Worlds latest reply, but I got back here. I read all the posts and links and they're all so great! Keep it up! Love the pulley on the trans hump!

To make this the 'ultimate' thread, you should post up the links you found/ find on the subject here as well.

We had an emergency... Dianna updated her iPhone 5s to iOS 10.0.2 and could no longer get the password screen to appear without hitting the home button 20+ times. It was severely degrading her group text time and all hell broke loose here at home :rolleyes:

So, since we changed to new phones, I decided to stay with my current phone holder

View attachment 1337516 View attachment 1337517View attachment 1337519

Love that upper storage setup and dash! Gonna have to creep over and see if I can find any threads you've posted on that. Looks great!

IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG
Not dash related but...
The troopy already has an overhead console with stereo, speakers, vintage CB and a cheap phone holder.
But we needed some rear speakers. The cargo barrier came in handy to mount a speaker box, and i built in a space to hold some stuff. In the process, the passengers got some drink holders and a light. Oh, and I also added some bling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom