The Coleman Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve used the Katadyn Hiker Pro since before it was a Katadyn, I don’t have a single bad thing to say about it. I’d buy one again if I had to.
Yes. They've sent me two pics of the bottom, both clear as mud.
200a. I have grandpas old one. They are pretty cool and fit inside of a 426 3 burner stove. I think 75 is a bit much. A guy down the street from me has 220s he’s selling. Both look about brand new, one for 35, the other for 40. Check out craigslist

Whoa- weird multiquote...

Check out craigslist

Around here - up until about 5 years ago - CL was a honey hole for Coleman stuff. So many sweet scores. Now it has completely dried up. There are several hard core collectors/re-sellers/eBayers that must have the software that gives them CL alerts. Anyway if I'm looking it's flea markets.

Indoor flea markets...it’s almost yard sale season again too...
craigslist is touch an go.
The kids these days (listen to me! Sigh) use:
Facebook marketplace
OfferUp
Letgo

Have had fair luck trolling them!

Well you guys have successfully side tracked me from the thorough refresh of my 40. Just a few days browsing this entire thread and I am down the rabbit hole of a hobby I had never even heard of. My MSR equipment from my backpacking days will be retired and I'm now looking for a 200, 220, 502, 425 and 426C. And I have the pleasure of dealing with sellers like this:

MzYXEkI.jpg

Well you guys have successfully side tracked me from the thorough refresh of my 40. Just a few days browsing this entire thread and I am down the rabbit hole of a hobby I had never even heard of. My MSR equipment from my backpacking days will be retired and I'm now looking for a 200, 220, 502, 425 and 426C. And I have the pleasure of dealing with sellers like this:

MzYXEkI.jpg
wow.

First acquisition.

sWQDC91.jpg

Solid acquisition! It’s worth whatever you paid for it. Now you need a stove stand and 242, both of which fit inside the case.

Solid acquisition! It’s worth whatever you paid for it. Now you need a stove stand and 242, both of which fit inside the case.

Thanks. I found an old post by either you or @Cruiserdrew comparing the 426b and c, and it made me want the C. I think I need to replace the cap gasket and oil the pump leather. It looks like it's been lit but has zero grease etc on it. Just dusty and a couple scratches. I definitely want a stand, is there a certain model I need for this? A 200 will fit inside as well right? But not a 220?

Thanks. I found an old post by either you or @Cruiserdrew comparing the 426b and c, and it made me want the C. I think I need to replace the cap gasket and oil the pump leather. It looks like it's been lit but has zero grease etc on it. Just dusty and a couple scratches. I definitely want a stand, is there a certain model I need for this? A 200 will fit inside as well right? But not a 220?

The 200 does fit (same size as the 242), but the 220 is too big.

The stands are all over eBay. Searching for ‘Coleman Stove Stand’ will pull up
dozens. Here’s the official name & number:

The even more elusive steel stand will work too! It will fit inside, and has 2 arms that support the lid when it’s fully open, making a shelf for your back country culinary creations! HA!

552CDABC-B61A-47C1-9C3F-F7F1395E8A9A.jpeg

09232162-321D-47DC-8012-39B89D6193C0.jpeg

My three burner is ugly can mpared to you guys but it does boast the stand and two, yes TWO side boards

Picked up this lantern today. 228E with a build date of 1/54. I’m sure it’s going to need going through before I can light it and I might be in a little over my head in doing so LOL.

7C457168-010F-4DD4-8CE0-F0B4F242E7B2.jpeg

my personal favorite.

My three burner is ugly can mpared to you guys but it does boast the stand and two, yes TWO side boards
Mine two it’s like a portable kitchen with these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom