Events/Trails "The Chiller" Q4 Club Camp Trip to Mt. Patterson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
RSVP on our webpage!

What: Club Campout
When: Friday October 8, 2021
Where: Desert Creek, Smith Valley NV - to - Mt. Patterson, CA
Meetup: Maverik Gas Station - 1651 NV-88, Minden, NV 89423 to caravan to Desert Creek Rd off Hwy 338.
What to Bring: Warm clothes, cold weather camping gear, recovery gear, chairs, food, drinks, ham radio.
Frequencies:
  • Trail Coms - 146.460 (Alt. 146.500)
  • Repeater for approach - Leviathan Peak - 146.655 / 131.8 (Topaz) (alt Conway Summit - 146.880 / 131.8 (Bridgeport))
Details:

1623387622359.png

Always bring recovery gear! We are crawling up Mt. Patterson and over the peak at 11K+ feet. The plan is to either camp near the peak or down at Lobdell, then drive over the peak to Bridgeport on this trip.

1623387880580.png

Last edited:
RSVP on our webpage!

What: Club Campout
When: Friday October 9, 2021
Where: Desert Creek, Smith Valley NV - to - Mt. Patterson, CA
Meetup: Topaz Lake Chevron - 1979 US-395 S, Gardnerville, NV 89410 to caravan to Desert Creek Rd off Hwy 338.
What to Bring: Warm clothes, cold weather camping gear, recovery gear, chairs, food, drinks, ham radio.
Frequencies: 146.460 (Alt. 146.500)
Details:

Always bring recovery gear! We are crawling up Mt. Patterson and over the peak at 11K+ feet. The plan is to either camp near the peak or down at Lobdell, then drive over the peak to Bridgeport on this trip.

Looks like Friday in October is on the 8 th

So far three rigs, but I know @Krusty Krab is planning on coming and he hasn't RSVP'd yet. ;) I know a couple others said they were going too. I am guessing six-8 rigs.

I think at this point I’ll be in the afternoon group. Details on that?

I think at this point I’ll be in the afternoon group. Details on that?
Scroll up. :) I posted alternative info. Sam is going that way, I'll tag you two on FB so you can coordinate.

I want to come but have a family conflict on Friday. Do you think I'd be able to meet you guys somewhere on Saturday morning or is it a scratch?

Yep. Go to Lobdell Lake via 395 and then go to the coordinates for the main campsite.

Program the repeaters mentioned and we will listen for you. I'll have my inreach too so text me there if you can't get us on radio.

With the Rubicon run next weekend likely to not happen, I may try to join this. Looks like possible snow wheeling conditions though, 2-4" forecast on Friday at Lobdell Lake.

I’m heading out tomorrow at some point. I MIGHT make the morning meet up, but that’s uncertain at the moment.

I hope there’s some snow - and good views east and west for sunsets and sun rises!

It was a great trip! Check out the blog post Eric did for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom