The Bicycle Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

had friends sponsored by hutch and robinson...I remember how evil the hutch beartrap pedals were....I had a haro till I switch to skateboards

They also start at $5K!!

That S-Works one is $12K LOL

I spent that much and didn't even get a motor.
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0732.JPG

My enduro downhill cross country gravity sled does everything so well but I might have to upgrade to a fork with suspension sometime soon. My wrists are really taking a beating on roots and rocks with a rigid fork. I still only need one gear for the hills and descents.
22860968_107475109994770_2699389303473045504_n.jpg

My enduro downhill cross country gravity sled does everything so well but I might have to upgrade to a fork with suspension sometime soon. My wrists are really taking a beating on roots and rocks with a rigid fork. I still only need one gear for the hills and descents.

There is nothing cleaner looking than a hardtail. This was my last one that I just sold. When I started riding more western carolina trail I got, or rather, my butt got tire of taking a beating.

IMG_0695.JPG

I know what you mean about spending that much. Here's mine.
View attachment 1812612

That's awesome. I was just up a Carvins a couple weeks ago. I debated the 6 vs. 5.5, never got to properly test a demo. How do you like the coil? I was thinking of putting a Cane Creek coil on but the Yeti guys said the linear travel design doesn't lend itself well to a coil.

That's awesome. I was just up a Carvins a couple weeks ago. I debated the 6 vs. 5.5, never got to properly test a demo. How do you like the coil? I was thinking of putting a Cane Creek coil on but the Yeti guys said the linear travel design doesn't lend itself well to a coil.
I love the coil. I know everyone says that about the suspension but I have not noticed any disadvantage.

I was having a hard time getting the stock Float X setup properly and I saw PUSH was selling their rebuilt development coils at a huge discount. So I jumped on it.

The in-laws live in Roanoke so I ride there a few times a year. That picture was from a pre-ride for the enduro a couple of weeks ago. I don't know Carvin's well enough to ride balls out blind.

There is nothing cleaner looking than a hardtail. This was my last one that I just sold. When I started riding more western carolina trail I got, or rather, my butt got tire of taking a beating.

View attachment 1812614
Nice. My bike is a rigid singlespeed. The only "suspension" I have is 2.4" tires.

Oxymoron: 4" lift for offroad driving. No suspension for offroad biking.
WANEILhQiJE6us71UG6CK54g_8f6UL_7diUuEgRiYBBWRQ2bIhgvAHb6kpZWBTNMyqF_cQIswIiGWFpqOv8I0u1MLxQ4p8hjg9zeWETUBCIKY7pL876PeG3xnMnI6RrRAISKJOg_1MQf7tRENcOigEC5YkxmiHpAhH0aSJIc5UACAcKNGZUfjCbXRVsUqIWfQy1X6LvRWJDWvJifIevV7UlM0BTQiCci6gp8jv-XgnOarAluiwYBOoeT8CVF_6tHNSySUrK1wTIB4WRrHbOCdINmNnIwkh-tUEDSWLpgGla0I4aB1-65hHZ-yULAgDPM4wZ1xqqEqxnbIofxZamtRc6Bf9d5xdw1GOUjHFBDRs1oP0LqvSRB9XZHwDUFVfoF3SnB5jvsxCFeTzQg1PCn89FeeAoh_BuFr9som6YreJKTBsHWNrJv9JGi9IQtcog_neV5Opzau9CrDtBlP7b2fAnDQqEaWqR8u10Av5MLpgMUubuj2vWqsGxa3GJF1QiZLyjv8kqmHDNSb5IpRNEVUSI4-eA7P8k4rpwi1mPAS82K6nRCzEQc3kknbi9MGnXDTsGCIr35VRHlsLlhJCT09yDzszXFiY2P3EZD5uaaAcJNfxS65ccS37JHxvVzOV4=w1154-h865-no

U young guns with no suspension

One day - s works epic - no motor

S works is pricey but 21 lbs full suspension will be fun

Nice. My bike is a rigid singlespeed. The only "suspension" I have is 2.4" tires.

Oxymoron: 4" lift for offroad driving. No suspension for offroad biking.

My first great bike was a Bridgestone - back when suspension was all the rage. MB-2 JUST like the below. Rode it a LOT. Was used for about half new price.

Ended up wrecking it down a trail - bending the frame, believe it or not, and then the components got stolen while I was in class :(

Anyhoo - - the marketing was like "you don't need suspension - proper tire inflation is the key" :)

I also started riding Brooks seats at that time. The only color I could find, for cheap, was the brown, like this pic LOL. So crazy finding my frame and seat on the web - tires were much different back then in the early 90s.

photo 1 (3).JPG

Last edited:
Great thread!

I got my first real mountain bike in 2005. I got a 2004 Trek Liquid 55 that had been used as a demo at my local shop, so the price was right! I have been in love over since, although, I admit I don't bike as much as I should or would like to. Parts and pieces changed over the years, upgrading as I can. I believe in buying quality parts, take care of and make them last as long as possible.

In 2013, a small part of the frame broke right next to the rear axle. It took some phone calls but I got Trek to replace the frame with a 2012 Trek Remedy. What an upgrade and I love the bike even more. I got a new fork to set the frame up right.

I still use some of the original parts, vintage 2004, including the derailleurs and the crank.

A combo wheeling and biking trip would be awesome!

Here are a couple pictures of the bike as is and of the original frame I started with.

IMG_20181021_173245.jpg

IMG_20181021_173312.jpg

IMG_20181021_173357.jpg

Nice. Are you running saints? Also, add a dropper. You will wonder how you got along without for so long.
Yeah I did put Saint calipers on with older XTR levers. The combo is weird, it works but can get a little touchy when hot. I wanted strong brakes when I was riding some downhill'ish parks and 215lbs plus gears has a lot of momentum...

bump on the dropper, I keep hearing that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom