Builds The 60 purists are going to hate this.

Version 1.0 served me well as a trail rig. I do a lot of work for the USFS so it is not an extreme wheeler. I have an FJ40 that I started to build into a buggy and it has been moth-balled for now. Life got in the way. This rig suits my needs better right now. Here's 1.0

This build will use some parts I had collected from the 40 project and some new. I bought a 91 Caprice that was an old Sonora cop car for the V8, harness and trans. This is not an LT1 car. It should have a roller cam and a little hotter tune from what I hear. In either case it's complete runner and for $650 makes more sence than an LS based motor. Enough jibberish on with the pics.
cruiserv8.jpg
imagejpeg_2_19.jpg
imagejpeg_2_16.JPG

Last edited:

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
You going to support those shock towers more?

You going to support those shock towers more?

I think so. But I need to get the real engine in there with all the smog and accesories on first.

Leave it to you Mace to go right to the meat of it. :cheers:

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
I just know what it feels like to have a front upper coilover mount let go ;)

I'd also taper the lower frame side link mounts. It makes it easier to slide over rocks and distributes the forces over a wider area.

No hate coming from me, just excitement. Look forward to the progress.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Is there such a thing as a 60 purist? It's not like they are rare or hard to come by unmolested ones.

There has to be at least one...

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
That's one of the many things that I loved about the 60 series board here... Everyone was always interested in new stuff to do w/ the 60's, UN LIKE the 40 series board here.
Looks great man!!

Is there such a thing as a 60 purist? It's not like they are rare or hard to come by unmolested ones.

only the ones that have modded the drivability out of their "daily drivers" so much its a pain to go to the grocery store in it. Then they drool all over a stock sixty like pavlovs dog.

I really like the 1.0 version and 2.0 looks even better. Can't go wrong with a well built coil and link set up.

I want that skid plate...

Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom