The 2007 Land Cruiser Build.. or something like that (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I've owned a 2005 toyota tacoma for 13 years (that i converted to 4x4 ) and primarily it's job is to wheel and let me blow steam off in the woods. Ive always wanted to own a land cruiser and at 29 im finally in a position to do so and i really wanted the 06-07 LC in particular just to own a rare vehicle you dont normally see on the road.

But luckily it appeared, Last model year, 1 owner 252k miles, all work done at a dealer exclusively. Thundercloud Metallic paint (which just sounds pretty damn cool lol) Bone stock.

So made the 3 hour drive up to NC to look at it and brought it home.
:)

Just before i bought it the PO put in about $11,000 in dealer work getting it baselined (all fluids, new steering rack, brake booster, CV axles, Calipers/brakes around, rust removal and undercoating (it spent a few years up in NY but the frame looks amazing,Belts,New OEM headlights and a bunch more)

I hope to build it in a stealth like fashion unlike the tacoma lol. We have a 2000# teardrop it'll be towing all over the US when we go camping so wheeling isn't its primary role. It just needs to stay comfortable on the highway and when it hits dirt be capable enough to do whatever i ask of it. I have no doubts it'll do that for me

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser Mod List
-275/65/18 Treadwright AT Warden IIs (waiting for them to arrive)
-BT45 TOY Bluetooth
-Ironman 4x4 Drawer System with wing kit
-Lloyd Laser Cut Floormats
-Stainless Steel Heater T's
-Purchased Techstream for Diagnostic purposes.

Pics!
7VLOHDo.png

wU2GGxm.png

First mod was filling her up
:laugh:
got about 14.5mpg getting home so not too shabby really.
xa2EazM.png

My 2005 4x4 Swapped Tacoma that is on wheeling duty and to keep me from modding this one like crazy but we will see... i already got a drawer system sitting in my garage lol.

IMG_0034.JPG

Last edited:
The rig for all its glory still needed some minor stuff done that the PO didnt address.

First thing was to inspect the heater Ts and i found the Passenger side showing signs of potentially breaking off. Got some stainless T's installed and no leaks.

HFljVnZ.jpeg

Also my Ironman 4x4 drawer system w/wings came in as well. I have zero carpentry skills and for the price with free shipping it's a no brainer for me.

WeJRQtc.jpeg

Last but not least the rig needed tires badly. Ive always wanted to try Treadwrights on my Tacoma but the size is never in stock. So the LC will be the guinea pig. I havent seen anything good/bad about them in the last couple years so i'll put a good shift in putting miles and doing some light wheeling to see what they're about. Bought the 50k warranty so hopefully i get close to that if not more.

1683336324154.png

The rig for all its glory still needed some minor stuff done that the PO didnt address.

First thing was to inspect the heater Ts and i found the Passenger side showing signs of potentially breaking off. Got some stainless T's installed and no leaks.

HFljVnZ.jpeg

Also my Ironman 4x4 drawer system w/wings came in as well. I have zero carpentry skills and for the price with free shipping it's a no brainer for me.

WeJRQtc.jpeg

Last but not least the rig needed tires badly. Ive always wanted to try Treadwrights on my Tacoma but the size is never in stock. So the LC will be the guinea pig. I havent seen anything good/bad about them in the last couple years so i'll put a good shift in putting miles and doing some light wheeling to see what they're about. Bought the 50k warranty so hopefully i get close to that if not more.

View attachment 3315701

HFljVnZ.jpeg

WeJRQtc.jpeg

View attachment 3315701
What website is this?

How level is the platform with the seats folded down?
pretty damn level. Im honestly impressed. Its pretty good quality. Feels sturdy, doesnt rattle and holds all my s***. Only thing i wish it had that im adding are some tie downs.

pretty damn level. Im honestly impressed. Its pretty good quality. Feels sturdy, doesnt rattle and holds all my s***. Only thing i wish it had that im adding are some tie downs.
That's awesome, I like to camp out of the back but I remove the seats which is a pain.

One last question, where did you get the heater Ts?

That's awesome, I like to camp out of the back but I remove the seats which is a pain.

One last question, where did you get the heater Ts?
Amazon product ASIN B000DCNGIS

Yo, how are those Lloyd mats? Which kind did you get? Pics?

let me see if i can find the invoice lol. I really like them actually. Im used to weathertechs but these are better. they dont slip around and for what im going to be doing (beach,mild dirt trails to get to camp) it'll do the job. Let me grab a photo.

Thanks, I see there's two kinds on the website. Looks like they fit well, but kinda thin, eh?

Thanks, I see there's two kinds on the website. Looks like they fit well, but kinda thin, eh?
They they're def on the thin side but they do feel better quality rubber/plastic than weathertechs. Just depends on what you're looking for

Nothing wrong with stainless tees, but I prefer OEM tees because they allow the use of constant-tension clamps. :)

"Worm clamps are substandard compared to spring clamps because they fray the hose with the adjustment slots, they can strip, they can cut into the hose, they may not be able to apply adequate tension to prevent leaks, and they don't compensate the shrinkage of the rubber. So worm clamps are likely to lead to leaks in the future."

Nothing wrong with stainless tees, but I prefer OEM tees because they allow the use of constant-tension clamps. :)

"Worm clamps are substandard compared to spring clamps because they fray the hose with the adjustment slots, they can strip, they can cut into the hose, they may not be able to apply adequate tension to prevent leaks, and they don't compensate the shrinkage of the rubber. So worm clamps are likely to lead to leaks in the future."

Yeah i've ran worm clamps on a ton of stuff on my tacoma and i've never had an issue. Appreciate the article tho. I like stainless being a permanent solution so i dont have to dick around the back of the engine bay anymore. If the hoses do leak (and im sure they will at some point being the rig has over 250k miles on it, i'll swap them out and keep on trucking :)

I have considered treadwrights a few times too but never pulled the trigger. Keep us posted once you get them mounted up!

Yeah i feel the same way. seems like people are scared of them for some reason. they should be here tomorrow, so i'll get them mounted on Friday when im off work.

Tires have arrived. They look and feel like quality according to the wife. The tread pattern being the old school bfg is a nice touch as well.

1683750195292.jpeg

Got the tires mounted and balanced today. No issues whatsoever and took it on the interstate at 80 and no vibrations. Tires def have an audible hum on the interstate but nothing the volume knob didnt fix. All in all aint nothing wrong with them so far. Will report back in 5k miles (258k).

went for 275/65/18. The rumors about their tires running big appear to be true. Huge difference but still no rubbing so im happy.

33A2B74F-5B06-4564-B8C6-96E9055E786F.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom