Terrain Tamer vs HDK Birfields? (1 Viewer)

I need to rebuild the axle on my FJ80 SOON! I’m ordering the parts this week. I can get the terrain Tamer’s from cruiser brothers for $500 pair, the HDK ones from partsouq for about $200 pair shipping included, and the Japanese made replacement from cruiserteq for $330 pair shipping included.

Truck isn’t running big tires, but I want this rebuild to last for a while, and I may lift and put on bigger tires, 33 or 35slater this year (I just bought the truck and it’s a fixer-upper).

Which cv do the pros recommend for the value? Any other suggestions?
thanks 🤙🏼

I need to rebuild the axle on my FJ80 SOON! I’m ordering the parts this week. I can get the terrain Tamer’s from cruiser brothers for $500 pair, the HDK ones from partsouq for about $200 pair shipping included, and the Japanese made replacement from cruiserteq for $330 pair shipping included.

Truck isn’t running big tires, but I want this rebuild to last for a while, and I may lift and put on bigger tires, 33 or 35slater this year (I just bought the truck and it’s a fixer-upper).

Which cv do the pros recommend for the value? Any other suggestions?
thanks 🤙🏼
I have used the cruiser teq rebuild kit with koyo bearings and it is a great kit everything you need. Why would it be so much there kits are under 150$ And do the front axle both sides?

I have used the cruiser teq rebuild kit with koyo bearings and it is a great kit everything you need. Why would it be so much there kits are under 150$ And do the front axle both sides?
Have to the do the birfields, they cost $155/each plus shipping. I’ll be getting the knuckle kit from cruiser brothers, out of stock everywhere else

PO told me they needed to be, they click loud and catch like crazy when turning
PO told me they needed to be, they click loud and catch like crazy when turning
Mine clicked also after the rebuild that went away. I’m not saying you don’t need new birfields, have you read up on them on here? There is a lot of info and maybe you can determine if you do or do not. I’m just thinking I would want to keep my 300 plus dollars if I could.

Mine clicked also after the rebuild that went away. I’m not saying you don’t need new birfields, have you read up on them on here? There is a lot of info and maybe you can determine if you do or do not. I’m just thinking I would want to keep my 300 plus dollars if I could.
Is it possible they’re fine, just not properly lubricated because the knuckle seals are shot?

Hey thank you! What grease do I use to refill the knuckles?
The clicking is BAD but given the inch of grease and road grime on everything they’re probably dry inside

Hey thank you! What grease do I use to refill the knuckles?
The clicking is BAD but given the inch of grease and road grime on everything they’re probably dry inside
I use valovoline moly multi purpose grease, since you are rebuilding just use whatever cheep moly grease you can get.

The birfs were clicking pretty bad on my 80 after 250,000 miles. They quieted down after the first rebuild but became worse over time. On the 2nd rebuild I replaced them and went with Nitro gear. Good price and good quality with no issues after 2 year's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom