Terrain Tamer vs HDK Birfields? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got It, I’m with ya now. Slight confusion on my part as they also call these their standard duty replacement, distinctively missing “made in Japan.”

F8CBAFD2-B828-45CC-8C9B-220AA16CE382.jpeg

If I knew their COVID freak out for the olympics would subside anytime soon, I’d just pick some OEM’s up in Japan. I fear I may wear out another set before that happens though. 😬

Of note, the Cruiser Outfitters website is killing me. I mean, if I’m going through all of this trouble, may as well get new axle shafts, too. And I’m sure the hardware is bad after 30 years, may as well replace the studs and cone washers. And….

Got It, I’m with ya now. Slight confusion on my part as they also call these their standard duty replacement, distinctively missing “made in Japan.”

View attachment 2724377

If I knew their COVID freak out for the olympics would subside anytime soon, I’d just pick some OEM’s up in Japan. I fear I may wear out another set before that happens though. 😬

Of note, the Cruiser Outfitters website is killing me. I mean, if I’m going through all of this trouble, may as well get new axle shafts, too. And I’m sure the hardware is bad after 30 years, may as well replace the studs and cone washers. And….
I do the same thing. It’s hard to not do all of the “while you’re in there” things. And yeah I wonder if they have multiple suppliers for them🤷🏽‍♀️. If they sell it, I’m pretty confident that you’ll be happy with them. They don’t seem to waste their time on junk products

You won't have trouble with HDK, Terrain Tamer or anything cruiser outfitters sell, they're all reputable companies and I'd run any of them with confidence. Also IMHO, if they're clicking badly, you might get by with swapping sides and lubricating, but I'd be replacing them while you're in there. A knuckle job isn't hard, but it is time-consuming and you don't want to be doing it again sooner than you have to.

Thanks to both! I see no reason to perpetually search for the cheapest option, it doesn’t normally pan out and like we’ve all mentioned, the Effort of tearing this down makes it worth doing right.

@AussieHJCruza I just left NSW yesterday, small world! Nothing fun of note, I was locked into a hotel room by the Aussie federal police while I was there. Not exactly a raging good time. But, the view was nice on departure 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anywho, I agree on this one - can‘t hurt to replace 30 year old/quarter million mile driveline parts. Plus, I LOVE shiny new parts.

Thanks to both! I see no reason to perpetually search for the cheapest option, it doesn’t normally pan out and like we’ve all mentioned, the Effort of tearing this down makes it worth doing right.

@AussieHJCruza I just left NSW yesterday, small world! Nothing fun of note, I was locked into a hotel room by the Aussie federal police while I was there. Not exactly a raging good time. But, the view was nice on departure 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anywho, I agree on this one - can‘t hurt to replace 30 year old/quarter million mile driveline parts. Plus, I LOVE shiny new parts.
Very small world @BlutoF15 - did you get to spend any time out of quarantine while you were here?

None. But, I did see a nice somewhat built late model cruiser out the window of the airport hotel! 😂

Someday, we’ll be back at the Sydney Harbour Marriott and free to roam for a pint of something frosty. For now, all I have is a room and the JimmyBrings app.

None. But, I did see a nice somewhat built late model cruiser out the window of the airport hotel! 😂

Someday, we’ll be back at the Sydney Harbour Marriott and free to roam for a pint of something frosty. For now, all I have is a room and the JimmyBrings app.
A bit more notice next time and I can probably get some birfields delivered on room service for you 😁

Nice Hotel and close to circular Queue ... I also like staying there when work takes me to Sydney ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom