Techstream Mini VCI - Selected system is not responding or not available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there. I am trying to read my AHC pressure on my 1998 LX470 but I am getting the following message for any system (including the AHC) that I select.

Selected system is not responding or not available. Please check the repair manual for applicable systems.
It also changes the box from yellow to white; From ECU Status unknown to ECU not supported or not responding

I am plugging the cable into the OBD port under the dash in case that matters.

Any suggestions on what might be going on?

full

See if you can locate a copy of that software version's release notes on the web (or TIS site) to see if Toyota have identified any compatibility issues and interface bugs with older vehicles. I know some version 11s had issues with older vehicles. Fwiw version 7s cover all 100s/470s and any later releases don't offer any enhancements for vehicles that went out of production in 2007.

See if you can locate a copy of that software version's release notes on the web (or TIS site) to see if Toyota have identified any compatibility issues and interface bugs with older vehicles. I know some version 11s had issues with older vehicles. Fwiw version 7s cover all 100s/470s and any later releases don't offer any enhancements for vehicles that went out of production in 2007.
Great info! I will see if I can hunt down an older version.

Possibly helpful info, I can replicate the issue exactly if I don't plug the cable into the OBD port so I am wondering if I might have a bad cable.

I didn't think it'd get that far with a bad cable. I thought I got a picture with a big red x when it couldn't connect.

According to the TIS Known bugs list for version 12.00.125 (you're running xxxx.127) there is a design limitation where the software "cannot connect using generic OBD11" that's applicable to all vehicles using the mongoose VIM (and cloned copies I suspect). That bug may still be open in release xxxx.127.

Get the same error message and scenario with 12.20.024. Anyone using this version has the same issue?

You need new cable and new version. Worked for me.

Not sure if it'll help, but if you watch YotaMD's video, he shows that he had to pull the USB cable from the computer and replug it in multiple times to get it to properly connect. I've actually had to pull out and put in 20-25 times sometimes to get it to connect. Once it actually gives the second "chime", it's good until I unplug it again.

I am still running Ver 10.10.018
Always asks for a Java update when the program boots up, I say no.
Works and connects immediately to my 2000 and 99 which it identifies as a 98

Hi, I use Xtools D8 Bluetooth Scanner and able to read the 2002 Lexus LX 470 with the error codes mentioned in this thread. Please see attached. I wonder if anybody have some idea on possible cause and fix to this problem. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2002 Lexus LX 470 ABS Error.pdf
    110.2 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom