Techstream cable software driver info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LBridges

SILVER Star
Threads
Bottom line - up front: if you think you might buy a 2017 LC (or other new Toyota?) and plan to but haven't yet bought a copy of Techstream, you should make sure you get a cable with firmware/software drivers that is version 2.0.X.

I recently purchased a new LC and I wanted to turn off the auto-tilt/telescope steering wheel action and this is found in the Techstream customization menu. I had been running version 1.4.3 of the cable driver software. That version works on my 2000 LX, the wife's 2014 FJ cruiser and the family gas miser, a 2013 Prius.

But the new LC would not respond to customization changes. I thought maybe it was because the Techstream version I was using came out before 2017, but it turns out it was the cable and the cable driver software that was outdated. The new LC will read from the vehicle and run the diagnostics using cable/software version 1.4.3, but not write to the vehicle for functions like customization. I confirmed the need to acquire a new cable from reading about the issue in a 200 series thread.

Posting hoping to help avoid someone purchasing, then needing to purchase again like I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom