tech lite-air cleaner plug

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor

Hopefully, somebody can save this as a sticky for when it comes up again [and I am sure it will] and I am not around.

Somebody asked recently about what to use to plug the air pump ports on the factory air cleaner assemblies. Well I was at the hardware store last night picking up some casement window cranks for the casa and walked right past a package of the PERFECT PLUGS!

They come 4 to a pack, cost $1.50 for the package. They are called CHAIR TIPS. Marketed under the Soft Touch line from Waxman, PN 6565. :idea:

I picked up a set just to check them for sure [not that I would need anything like this!] They fit better than O.J.s glove! :bounce: Picture perfect, and black to boot.

Maybe some of you Net-savvy youngins can find an online source for this and post a link to this thread. Then it will be even more useful.

:cool:

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star

I've used crutch tips. Come in different sizes. Color doesn't match since they're a whitish, but so what, they work. So far, ca. 4 yrs., they've held up well with the underhood heat. Cost was less than a buck a piece.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

Will put it in the FAQ in a bit.

Good tip Mark!

:beer: :beer:

Top Bottom