Tech/Ham Radio Class (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...and I didn't have an e-mail from Tony:mad: .

Nothing here either. I checked before I left to go to class last night, when I got home and again this morning, still nothing.

Jack

How'd the test go boys?
It was last night right?

Chicago

How'd the test go boys?
It was last night right?

Chicago

Yeah...the bone head instructor and us set the date/time for the HAM test 2-weeks ago (to be administered 3/22 @ 6:30PM)....the whole class showed up...and after 6:30PM came and went Jack called him (Tony) on his cell phone...Tony gave some lame butt excuse and then said "I e-mailed everyone of the cancel"...which is BS because NONE of us received an e-mail from him stating he was cancelling the test date/time. Total BS! The scary thing: This is the second time he screwed us: Would YOU want to rely on this guy in an emergency setting as the supposed experienced HAM guru???!!! Supposedly he was an IT Director for the State of Nevada...go figure:rolleyes: .

Sorry for the rant.

FYI: I called Pamela at the WCSD (353-5781) and relayed last night's experience and she is going to contact Tony to find out what's going on.

I'm more than a little ticked off since I posted this thread and got everybody interested.

Sorry things didn't work well.

Dan: Sorry about you wasting the time/gas to drive into town for nothing. BTW The printer would have just been sitting in storage if you didn't have it so I was glad to give it a home.

Not your fault Rusty. dude just doesnt have any sense at all like i said straight LOP and i would love to punch him in his mouth for being dumb ass.anywayi will get my license but wont deal with him ever and i deff wouldnt want to count on him in an emergency situation i could understand if he had a family emergency to deal with but just to blow us off like that aint cool at all. i called the school but noone answered so i left a message about what was going on and also contacted a ham operator in Reno that gives the test and told him about stupid and gave him Tony's call sign as well hehe well Thanks guys talk to you laterz will let you know if i find a test sooner and where its at

Dan:cheers:

So what does that mean, you dont get to test now, or have to find another Locale to TAKE the test!?
Sounds like BULLSH*T! Id be pissed to.
You all studied quite a bit for the test it sounds like as well!

Sorry to hear it!

Chicago

So what does that mean, you dont get to test now, or have to find another Locale to TAKE the test!?
Sounds like BULLSH*T! Id be pissed to.
You all studied quite a bit for the test it sounds like as well!

Sorry to hear it!

Chicago

Yeah we probably will need to take the HAM test at IGT in about 3-4 weeks when they hold their regularly scheduled test. The bad part for a guy like me...it took a fair amount of studying time to get ready to take the test; and I was ready last week. So more "refreshing" until such time we can get to another test date/site.

Rusty...no hard feelings whatsoever...that's just the way it goes sometime.

How about a refund for that part of the class?
Has anyone offered anything as far as an explaination to you folks?

BTW Espressomon,
Is the rig back up and running yet? Did you get all the maint. stuff done?

Chicago

BTW Espressomon,

Chicago

Pamela at the WCSD said she would call me back to let me know what went wrong and what would done about it...but that was last Friday morning!

I got the starter installed and intake manifold back on Saturday. Now I need to set the t-belt and button it up...but looks like it will not be ready for this Saturday's run due to other time commitments this week.

Just spoke to Pamela at the WCSD. She said, as of this morning, Tony has not returned her phone message to him (wow...that's a surprise huh?!). She said as soon as she is able to speak to Tony about our issue she will e-mail everyone with a solution.

BTW Espressomon,

Chicago

The cost of the test was not included in the price of the class.
The class included the ARRL Tech exam prep book and class room instruction. I think if you can snag a copy of the ARRL book you can pass the test. Mine is already spoken for, but you could hit up one of the other guys.

Dan

Test

Well i was contacted by WCSD as well today and she said Dumb s*** would be getting ahold of us as far as new test date i told her i will not deal with him again period and that as far as his teaching skills i got more from the book and a cd set i bought. she asked if i was going to get my ham license and i told her yes but not from him will find other place to take test she appoligized several times and i accepted but told her that as far as Tony was concerned i wont except his :cheers: :beer:

FWIW (I received this from Tony this morning via e-mail)

Hello Everyone,

Sorry if my earlier email did not get through.

I am still trying to find a time and location for a weeknight exam. I hope to have word on it this week.

I don't have emails for the other couples so if you could pass this onto them. ( Keitha and Dan)

Again sorry for the confusion. I will try my best to line up a time for a week night exam session.

Thanks

Tony, N7ACM
n7acm@wadg.org

no he doesnt have my email but they do have my PH # LOL gonna do the 21st of april exam at I.G.T building :cheers:

I spoke to Debbie Malon (sp?) at the WCSD office (353-5781) today about the whole Tony mess. She apologized profusley & agreed Tony did not act professionally or responsibly. She offered a complete refund if I felt I got nothing out of the class. I ended up settling for 50% refund as I did get something out of the class (including the $24 book) but felt shortchanged based upon what Tony promised us. FYI: This comes right out of Tony's wallet she said!

She also offered to have Tony reschedule the test date...but I told her I was going to take the test at IGT.

I spoke to Debbie Malon (sp?) at the WCSD office (353-5781) today about the whole Tony mess. She apologized profusley & agreed Tony did not act professionally or responsibly. She offered a complete refund if I felt I got nothing out of the class. I ended up settling for 50% refund as I did get something out of the class (including the $24 book) but felt shortchanged based upon what Tony promised us. FYI: This comes right out of Tony's wallet she said!

She also offered to have Tony reschedule the test date...but I told her I was going to take the test at IGT.

I also talked to her, I elected not to take the refund. She apologized and I told her my problems. Guess I will see everyone on the 21st.

Jack

There was a message waiting on my machine from her when we got home.
I'll give her a call Monday.

What are the details of the IGT test?
I seem to recall someone posting date time and location (at IGT) but I can't find it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom