Tech/Ham Radio Class (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know Im coming into this a bit late, but can someone post the info on this class. Im not sure if I have the time to do this right now, but I wanna at least look into it.
Did it start already?

Chicago

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner
Ham Test Prep Class

Hey all here's a link to a ham radio store in Vegas www.aesham.com have a good selection and decent prices on gear also if we can find out when the next ham fest is in stead that would be a good oppertunity to get gear at a reasonable price and also talk to some of the other hams to see what ideas they have as well i know i like yeasu and kenwood gear my self but icom and alinco is also good gear so just depends on what ya want just thought i would give you guys a heads up on that My Father has his general class license so im getting help from him

Dan

:princess: Has a digital Photography class tomorow. I'll get her to recon and let me know where the rooms are.

Film at 11:00.......

:princess: Has a digital Photography class tomorow. I'll get her to recon and let me know where the rooms are.

Film at 11:00.......

That would be cool.

Jack

Last edited:
I couldn't wait I called WCSD and got the room info.
The room number is 111, enter through the main entrance and there will be signs to direct you to the class room.

I couldn't wait I called WCSD and got the room info.
The room number is 111, enter through the main entrance and there will be signs to direct you to the class room.

I got an email today with the room information, looking forward to it.:cool:

Jack

I got an email today with the room information, looking forward to it.:cool:

Jack

The lady I talked to said she sent them yesterday, I told her we hadn't recieved anything for either class. I got mine a couple of hours later.

Still haven't recieved one for the digital photography class.

Delayed start of HAM class!!!

Hope everyone got the message from Tony Monson(?) late this afternoon. He left me a voice message stating the start of our HAM class will be delayed 1-week...will begin Thursday 2/15!

Gotta love it :rolleyes:

Hope everyone got the message from Tony Monson(?) late this afternoon. He left me a voice message stating the start of our HAM class will be delayed 1-week...will begin Thursday 2/15!

Gotta love it :rolleyes:

Yep, I got the message, oh well, I guess we'll get started next week. What ya' gonna do?:cool:

Jack

This subject should really be a national one - What would the best band be? Is there a thread on that? CB is kind of out of date...

This subject should really be a national one - What would the best band be? Is there a thread on that? CB is kind of out of date...

This was started to let people know about a class being held at a local High School. I think there have been a few Ham threads in the General topics forum of Mud.

From what I've read so far 2M/7cm is a good set up for a dual band radio.

I agree CB is so seventies. :rolleyes: It is cheap though and has no license requirment, which is what makes it attractive to many.

ARRL question pool page
All the questions thatmight be ask on all the levels of certification.

I downloaded the "General" question pool today. If I pass Tech I may just go for that when it's exam time. :grinpimp:

How is everyone doing on the practice test?

I'm getting 65% on General, I think I could be up to 75% by test day. It's suprising how much of the material for general was covered in the Tech study guide.

If you guys take the general practice test at www.QRZ.com/p/testing.pl a couple of times a day and pay attention to the correct answers you could sit for general. Without any other study material I'm getting %85 4 out of 5 times I take the test.

I looked on the ARRL site after getting home tonight...IGT's next HAM test is April 21st! I couldn't find any info on exams in CC or Lyon County...

...and I didn't have an e-mail from Tony:mad: .

Well to say im a little bent is putting it lightly that just straight pissed me off ne will be talking to the school tomorrow afternoon when i get off work. and also think theres is tests sooner in carson or minden check arrl web site for exams and there is some in minden sooner so i might be just going that route i know i will not deal stupid again. dude is STRAIGHT LOP anyway take it easy guys and talk to you later.

Thank you for the printer Dan much appreciated bud

Dan :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom