Talladega NF Ride - Saturday 7/14 (1 Viewer)

Will you be attending?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was the other 100 (Silver with SLEE Front) there with Rock. The CV end connected to the wheel side came out and his wheel looked like it was about to fall off. Even if he had removed the front driveshaft I don't think he could have made it. When his truck was just sitting on the tow truck the wheel had a ton of negative camber and looked like it could barely support the truck. Past my technical knowledge, but I would have called a tow truck too.

The trail we went down was a little tight and more technical, but nothing that should have broken an axle. Any 100 with sliders could have made it no problem, probably even without sliders.

This is what 600-2 looked like about a week ago before they took the dozer through. There were a lot of nice ruts to play on.

Anyways my number is 205 nine-zero-eight 2701, and I'd love to go on some rides with you guys. Particularly if there are some more built trucks that want to do some more technical stuff. Ill be in Bham for 2 more weeks but split the rest of my time between college in TN and home in ATL.

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

FYI there is a car wash in Homewood on Rosedale Dr. that is the high pressure hand wand sprayers. It is $10 for as long as you want to use it and/or vacuums.

No attendant. I just got home. Much cleaner 100 and I don't have to now clean my driveway.

More pics of our ride.

172CF314-7D1A-4A5D-9997-DD5C7FD5DC35.jpeg

2B2348A3-8B23-4897-BE46-AA7BF1CB752E.jpeg

AF2797FA-E99E-43DD-A064-D08182E926BB.jpeg

A1E52C81-6EAC-44EB-BFC2-354958EB8C6B.jpeg

B86E7A08-198A-40E0-BA19-21E25D4BAE40.jpeg

@Trist we have another group ride planned up at Stoney Lonesome offroad Park August 11th. Not sure if you’ve been up there, but it has a really good variety of trails.

If you want to go ride somewhere local in bham before then, let me know and we can figure out a day. Any trails you know around here?

@Bama4door I went out there a couple weeks ago and ran almost all of the blue trails that were open. I was on my own so I didnt want to try any of the “extreme” trails, which mostly seemed suited to cralwers, but the blue trails weren’t too difficult. I am going to be out of town from Aug 11-15, but would be down to go another time.

I don’t know of any trails close to Bham. I mostly know trails in TN/GA and have only been to Stoney Lonesome and Talledega as far as AL trails.

@sandrettorock i meant to text you this earlier, but the next time you have a front axle or diff issue, you can remove the front driveshaft and then remove the hub flanges on both sides. Just take off the wheel center caps, take off the dust cover, snap ring and the 6 nuts and washers, then remove the cones with a brass drift and take out the hub flange. That will put you in 2wd and the CV axles won’t spin in the front.
Here's a good breakdown of the process. I keep a tool roll in the back with most of the handtools needed to do it.
Front Drive Shaft / Flange Removal on Trail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom