Tailgate Storage Info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is already plenty of info regarding tailgate storage options and installation threads. @LandCruiserPhil has a nice tutorial which helped me with my installation:

Rear Tailgate Storage Solution - The $55 version

Several people at the meeting last week asked about the make/model of the hatches I installed. They are made by DPI Marine and can be found in the link below. I went with the 11"x15" but this manufacturer makes many different sizes. I use these often, I'm really happy with them so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017NA9RRG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20161112_135200.jpg

I see the LC sickness has entered the bloodstream :cheers:

The only medication I know for the sickness is to just keep modifying your cruiser and then that becomes the norm and the sickness goes away

There is already plenty of info regarding tailgate storage options and installation threads. @LandCruiserPhil has a nice tutorial which helped me with my installation:

Several people at the meeting last week asked about the make/model of the hatches I installed. They are made by DPI Marine and can be found in the link below. I went with the 11"x15" but this manufacturer makes many different sizes. I use these often, I'm really happy with them so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017NA9RRG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 1355544

I've had those same ones for a while and I'm impressed with how much weight (Me standing on them) they can handle. I'm also impressed by how often I forget that there are items stored in there that I'm looking for....

Gents, these look great. I've been eyeing storage options as the sickness seems to be unavoidable.

It looks like the tailgate is hollow and these are just latches. How do you keep your stuff from clanking around in there. I hate rattles! Is road noise any worse afterwards (not that I might notice with Mts)? :)

Gents, these look great. I've been eyeing storage options as the sickness seems to be unavoidable.

It looks like the tailgate is hollow and these are just latches. How do you keep your stuff from clanking around in there. I hate rattles! Is road noise any worse afterwards (not that I might notice with Mts)? :)

Everything stays at the bottom when the tailgate is up. I haven't had any extra road noise at all but some people choose to add a rubber mat to keep things from sliding around. It hasn't been an issue for me so far.

Put lots of bow shackles in there! ;)
My rule is only soft stuff in the tailgate storage. Tree straps, tow straps, first aid kit etc

View attachment 1355544
Looks like they make a 9"x18"and a 9"x24 1/2". Any regrests not picking up one of the bigger sizes versus the 2 11"x15"?

Does anyone know what material could be used to replace the carpet all together and put these lids on top? I have been to Home Depot and I found some pvc sheet but I don't like how easily it can be scratched.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

I like the cutting board idea, however it may be a bit too slick if you have mutts or are wet / muddy and climbing around. Looks pretty good and durable.

Tailgate Cutting Boards Now Available for Landcruiser
Thanks for the suggestion.

I was looking at the below abs plactic sheet as a possible solution. I haven't had a chance to measure the tailgate but it may fit the bill.

ABS Sheet - .236" Thick, Black, 24" x 48" Nominal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YG53J4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ExNABbBD7F4B4

This isn't storage or a cutting board, but trekboxx makes a tailgate cover product as well:

Tailgate cover group buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom