Tailgate keyed switch and other weirdness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For the tailgate glass keyed switch, I have a couple of the assemblies but no keys. Is there a way to get these keyed that anybody is aware of? Also, for the weather stripping I know from the other thread that the main perimeter seal is being investigated to be made by that company in Australia. I think these are also available on ebay and I've seen them around here and there. But are the other seals for that window available? The wiper seals especially.

For the tailgate glass keyed switch, I have a couple of the assemblies but no keys. Is there a way to get these keyed that anybody is aware of? Also, for the weather stripping I know from the other thread that the main perimeter seal is being investigated to be made by that company in Australia. I think these are also available on ebay and I've seen them around here and there. But are the other seals for that window available? The wiper seals especially.

Good Evening Mr. Hobbs ..... :)

you need to get out more and breath the fresh air down here in the FJ55 stand alone basement forum much more often .....
you have alot to get caught up to speed on , the topic of the FJ55 LOCKS and KEYS my friend ,,,,,

- i would simply say the broad brush topic of a FJ55 , ALL its various Locks , and indeed every possible TOYOTA OEM Key style and type , can only be compared to putting a man on the Moon and then returning him Safely to Earth ..:D

- oh , how rude of me .... , my name is ToyotaMatt , and im the Vintage TOYOTA Land Cruiser Keeper of the CODES ....

we can start here this evening ,

enjoy mr, Hobbs ...

Because posting four
Matt do I send you the tailgate switch and you test it with your masters? Then cut keys for it?

@ToyotaMatt how does this work? I send you the lock switch assembly?
Ask him to post four or more videos of random KOITO crap then a couple sales fliers for the "KUSTOM KOITo LED NOS NON-USA FJ55 ROOM Lamp DOME Light" or just shoot him a PM!

When I restored a 1974 Celica, i took all the key cylinders (ignition, doors, trunk) and locking gas cap to a locksmith. He was able to key all of them to 1 key. Hope this helps.

When I restored a 1974 Celica, i took all the key cylinders (ignition, doors, trunk) and lockingestifwte gas cap to a locksmith. He was able to key all of them to 1 key. Hope this helps.
Really? Interesting. Didn’t know that was even possible, but will investigate. Thanks.
What did he say? I'm in the same boat.
He hasn’t answered that either… 🤷‍♂️

Re-keying may not be necessary...
These door locks were not Toyotas strongest point. My tailgate switch functions with a screwdriver, pocket knife, a nickel, just about anything that fits in the slot will make my window go up & down.

Re-keying may not be necessary...
These door locks were not Toyotas strongest point. My tailgate switch functions with a screwdriver, pocket knife, a nickel, just about anything that fits in the slot will make my window go up & down.
That’s a good point. I gently turned it with a straight slot screwdriver and heard a faint click in both directions. Didn’t have power on it tho

Because posting four

Ask him to post four or more videos of random KOITO crap then a couple sales fliers for the "KUSTOM KOITo LED NOS NON-USA FJ55 ROOM Lamp DOME Light" or just shoot him a PM!

,.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Because posting four

this is just 4 u 🤣

do turn up the volume please .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom