Builds Tagged '67 LV build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After posting I realized some photos from my VW bus resto might interest you. At least give you a sense of how balanced and versatile the Whirly Jig is.

67 bus - bodywork rear 100 .jpg
67 bus - prime exterior.jpg
67 bus - prime rear 1.jpg
67 bus - prime undercarriage 2.jpg
67 bus - seal, paint undercarriage 150.jpg

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely check them out.
Looks like you're deep in the nitty gritty of the metal work, and its great to see that you're getting it done right!

A while back I mentioned that my LV came to me with a luan paneling headliner. While that headliner had been removed months ago, all the holes created to install it hadn't been addressed. Glad to say that now they have ...

Passenger side -

0a - Starting to fill pass side headliner holes IMG_4531.jpeg

0b - Filling more holes created by custom headliner IMG_4530.jpeg

0c - Cargo area pass side headliner holes IMG_4537.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome work and very inspiring! Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming!

Looking great man! Too notch work and attention to the details. Excited to see this one soon. :beer:

Definitely not helping my LV lust or for that matter the growing list of needs the lpb has here.

The build is looking great!!! I hope your rockers don't have the same rot on the inside as mine did. The outside was pretty smooth after I media blasted but there were a few holes. When I investigated the inside I realized that it rotted from the inside out. I'm now working on replacing basically....everything o_O. See pic of the front passenger rocker with the door sill removed and a piece of the outer rocker :oops:. The problem with the rockers is there are no drains. Make sure that your body guy makes some provisions for drain holes along the outer seam pinch well on the rocker
IMG_E0878.JPG
IMG_0904.JPG

The build is looking great!!! I hope your rockers don't have the same rot on the inside as mine did. The outside was pretty smooth after I media blasted but there were a few holes. When I investigated the inside I realized that it rotted from the inside out. I'm now working on replacing basically....everything o_O. See pic of the front passenger rocker with the door sill removed and a piece of the outer rocker :oops:. The problem with the rockers is there are no drains. Make sure that your body guy makes some provisions for drain holes along the outer seam pinch well on the rockerView attachment 2042756View attachment 2042779.

Should have bought mine Pete! :lol:

The build is looking great!!! I hope your rockers don't have the same rot on the inside as mine did. The outside was pretty smooth after I media blasted but there were a few holes. When I investigated the inside I realized that it rotted from the inside out. I'm now working on replacing basically....everything o_O. See pic of the front passenger rocker with the door sill removed and a piece of the outer rocker :oops:. The problem with the rockers is there are no drains. Make sure that your body guy makes some provisions for drain holes along the outer seam pinch well on the rocker.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to pass it along.

Should have bought mine Pete! :lol:

You're probably right Ken but you seem to be getting quite a bit of enjoyment out of your LV. I still have all the pictures you sent me and your LV has the same "opportunities" for metal work as mine ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom