Builds Tagged '67 LV build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roof metal repair is done.

a Passenger front corner roof.jpeg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

Roof above cargo area drivers side.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

Can someone please confirm timing cover should be black? Mine was blue when I bought the LV. Shop looked it over and thought paint on timing cover was factory. Given other engine tin color changes made prior to me - red oil pan, valve and side covers - I assumed it was just repainted. Also possible timing cover was changed out at some point. Any insight appreciated.

Painted Oil pan.jpeg

Painted Oil pan 2.jpeg

Painted Side cover.jpeg

Painted Timing cover.jpeg

Painted Valve cover.jpeg

Last edited:
Too funny Tancruiser! I'll admit the thought has crossed my mind. But I think tools will be something I do AFTER we're back on the road. That helps in two ways. First, cash not spent on tools can go into the build. Second, it will give me something to "hunt" after the build - if I stop treasure hunting completely I may have withdrawals!

The past few posts bring us up to date with the present state of the build. The shop is pulling together all the photos taken and I should have them soon. If there's something you're interested in that I may have missed please let me know and I'll look for photos to show what was done.

My focus so far has been metal, so you might reasonably wonder what else is in the works? Engine block is set to be bored this week, head is ready to go and all bearings, pistons, rods purchased and ready for re-assembly.

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

Last edited:
The transfer case and tranny seals and bearings have been purchased and I'll drop off for rebuild as soon as I finish plating the last of the hardware.

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom