Builds Tagged '67 LV build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Disassembly began soon after deciding to restore. One of the first things removed was the stout front bumper.

IMG_2371.jpg
IMG_2370.jpg

Panels removed, I started unbolting the rear seat to get my first full look at the floors. Floors looked good, but what I started noticing was lots of unexplained holes (factory?, PO?) or screws holding nothing in place (what's missing???). It was at about that time that I started to appreciate how much I had to learn about LVs!

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

Last edited:
Small stuff removed, and the LV still drivable, it was time to take it to the bodyshop. A few broken bolts later we had the apron and fenders off and full access to the engine. As you can see, at some point the original block had been mated to a F.5 head and intake, weber 2bbl and 6 into 1 headers. Time to start locating an F135 top end!

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

Last edited:
The switches and pulls were a mixed bag. Headlight and wiper switch were there, but the throttle and choke cables had been replaced. And the "S" cigar lighter long gone...

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful truck indeed! And howd i miss you were in Wrightsville? Would love to catch up and take a peek one day soon!

Mom taught at topsail and dad served at ft fisher many moons ago. Im up by greensboro still wanting an lv one day.

I have an F135 engine that is mostly complete. It is stuck, but the head looks decent. It has the manifolds too. Any interest? I can get it shipped if needed too.

I have an F135 engine that is mostly complete. It is stuck, but the head looks decent. It has the manifolds too. Any interest? I can get it shipped if needed too.

I knew I should have started this thread long ago!! Does it have a large window carb on top of those manifolds?! Had to ask. Appreciate the offer but the machine shop has already honed my original F135 block and started reassembly using a head I bought from @65swb45 One thing I'd like to have that I don't, besides the large window carb, is the big green generator - see pic (pic borrowed from MUD). Have that by chance?

F135 generator.jpg

Not sure I have ever seen one of those for sale on the forum. You find the Correct starter? Your project is making me want to get my but in gear on my LV.

I don't have a generator or carb. Looks like you got everything else covered.

Keep the build / thread going cause you don't wanna become part of the large portion of LV builds that never get finished.

Not sure I have ever seen one of those for sale on the forum. You find the Correct starter? Your project is making me want to get my but in gear on my LV.

Come on! Get that LV resto in gear. We can motivate each other, swap parts, share the victories, work through the setbacks and get a couple LVs back on the trail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom