T100 bench seat (or similar) in Fj60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if anyone has tried swapping an T100 bench or a similar bench seat into an fj60. The interior dimensions are very close, although I’m sure the rails would need to be modified. My bucket seats are in great shape but I’ve got a fetish for bench seats and the womenz seem to like them sooooo. :hmm: I am aware that you could get a split beach elsewhere in the world but I’d like to go with a solid front beach. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone has tried swapping an T100 bench or a similar bench seat into an fj60. The interior dimensions are very close, although I’m sure the rails would need to be modified. My bucket seats are in great shape but I’ve got a fetish for bench seats and the womenz seem to like them sooooo. :hmm: I am aware that you could get a split beach elsewhere in the world but I’d like to go with a solid front beach. Thanks!

If your measurements conclude a T-100 93-98 is a good fit , Then u also have the entire first generation Tundra line up 1999-2006

to pick from as well , The T-100 and 1 generation tundra have Same in kind body dimensions , the Beds are the same size , and Camper shells are swap-able , also the 3.4 liter v6 was used in both

there are a heck of alot Nice Cloth tan Oak & grey cloth Tundra bench seats out there

i had a 1995 t-100 and now have a 2003 and 2005 tundra's they feel the same as my t-100 did inside

let us know what u come up with here

u also have the 60/40 split bench too ..............

I need find a t100 or tundra and take measurements. Unfortunately they’re aren’t many Toyota’s in junkyards, at least around here. I just went off dimensions I found online.

I don't think the tundra ever had a full bench, pretty sure it was buckets or the old 60/40 style bench. Of coarse I could be completely wrong.

I am doing this same thing but I am going to use a 93 Pickup seat. The total width seat to seat on a 60 series is 53 inches. The total width of the 93 pickup seat is 49 inches. So 2 inches less on each side. I have not yet put it in there to check. One thing to think about is the parking brake lever. The pickup seat actually has a little cut out so I am hoping that lines up nice. I am having twins in August and in my current wheeler project I was I planning on having three kids in the back but plans change. Now I am hoping to buckle my oldest kid in up front. It may be too tight will see.

IMG_4427.jpg

I need find a t100 or tundra and take measurements. Unfortunately they’re aren’t many Toyota’s in junkyards, at least around here. I just went off dimensions I found online.

I had a reg cab gen 1 tundra and it had a full bench with a fold down arm rest in the middle. I liked it.... but there's no adjustment for the seat back. Just one position (aside from folded forward to access behind it).

If you have an '86 or '87 60 and the dimensions work, it would not be too hard to make some kind of adapter. Earlier 60s have different seat mounts on the floor and you'd probably have to cut them out.

I am doing this same thing but I am going to use a 93 Pickup seat. The total width seat to seat on a 60 series is 53 inches. The total width of the 93 pickup seat is 49 inches. So 2 inches less on each side. I have not yet put it in there to check. One thing to think about is the parking brake lever. The pickup seat actually has a little cut out so I am hoping that lines up nice. I am having twins in August and in my current wheeler project I was I planning on having three kids in the back but plans change. Now I am hoping to buckle my oldest kid in up front. It may be too tight will see.

View attachment 1713377

Any updates? A 91 pickup just popped up in a yard near me and I’m think I’m going to go snag the seat.

Planning on doing it soon as I get to that point in the build. No progress yet.

I am reviving this one in the hopes there is some updated info. I also have a front bench fedish. I tore the console out of the 80 before my last trip so my son could sleep across the front (in camp). I'm going to try and put a truck bench in, but I'm not sure the parking brake can be relocated... Maybe the 60/40 has a gap?

I own a 2006 Tundra regular cab with a full bench seat . I let my son beat it around it’s an older work truck . Do you need any pictures or measurements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom