Sway bar bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where to source the broken bolt hole u shaped piece in the photo? Part #? It's from DS attachment point. Thanks!

Thanks!!!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436389138.490072.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436389151.575960.jpg

Just fab one up from scrap. Two pieces of angle iron trimmed down to match, drill to fit and weld to fasten. These are a common failure point.

I could dig around my garage, I may have some pieces from when I dumped the front sway bar.

Relatively common failure point. We now weld them when we do lifts. If welded on each side before damage, have never seen one fail. Relatively large "gusset" type weld like this:
lift_s_5-jpg.798975

The big problem is access, not a great place to weld. Repaired this one on the rig. Had a spare bracket, but they are easy to make, a couple of straps with the hole, weld them on, and add a strap as a gusset.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/pix-for-steve.851974/

Did this one off of the rig, so easier to see:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/workin-on-joes-80-s.801938/page-2#post-9158145

Thanks. Going to wait for the new whiteline and do just that. I may try to upgrade the thickness a bit. Lesson learned to take the sway off on more moderately difficult trails. Cheers. Any other thoughts?

Swaybar disconnects

A buddy of mine had the disconnects and had some issues with them. Now he runs the truck without a front sway bar, like a winner.

Corners like a dream! But the dream involves a little dramamine if you drive too fast.

A buddy of mine had the disconnects and had some issues with them. Now he runs the truck without a front sway bar, like a winner.

Corners like a dream! But the dream involves a little dramamine if you drive too fast.

Over 150 pairs of Swaybar disconnects have been sold in 4 different countries along with a few shops featured on this board. Bluecruiser (your buddy) is the only person to have reported a problem. The problem was not in the product. The failure to secure the swaybar properly in the new brackets caused the issue.

Swaybar disconnects available HERE to get the best of both worlds with no dramamine required.:)

Over 150 pairs of Swaybar disconnects have been sold in 4 different countries along with a few shops featured on this board. Bluecruiser (your buddy) is the only person to have reported a problem. The problem was not in the product. The failure to secure the swaybar properly in the new brackets caused the issue.

Swaybar disconnects available HERE to get the best of both worlds with no dramamine required.:)

I don't know the exact circumstances regarding his problem, all I remember is him telling me that he bought them, inquiring about a potential issue he saw, then having that exact issue later on.

And I really don't mean to sound rude here, but are vendors allowed to blatantly pimp their junk like that? Kind of a thread hijack and more of a classified post, isn't it?

I don't know the exact circumstances regarding his problem, all I remember is him telling me that he bought them, inquiring about a potential issue he saw, then having that exact issue later on.

And I really don't mean to sound rude here, but are vendors allowed to blatantly pimp their junk like that? Kind of a thread hijack and more of a classified post, isn't it?
I see it as more of a supporting vendor replying to a statement you made regarding an issue with a product.
You said, "A buddy of mine had the disconnects and had some issues with them"
Phil replied, "The problem was not in the product. The failure to secure the swaybar properly in the new brackets caused the issue."

Seems pretty legit to me.

I see it as more of a supporting vendor replying to a statement you made regarding an issue with a product.
Phil replied, "The problem was not in the product. The failure to secure the swaybar properly in the new brackets caused the issue."

Agree and Love my LCP Disconnects.... Sorry to hijack.. :flipoff2:

I was more referring to the shopping links and sales pitch, playing off of what I had said to advertise his product. A rebuttal is one thing, but you can't deny that it started to feel a little like Wayne's World, didn't it?

I'm glad you all like his product; I'm not bashing his product, but expressing my concern about the way he whores it out at every opportunity he gets.

But maybe I'm bias because I'm relatively new here, but spend a lot of my time reading posts from 5-10 years ago (a lot of interesting tech and information from back then) and I've found several threads where someone started a sales pitch even in a much more subtle manner and there was backlash, while this does nothing to help OP's problem outside of his initial request for other ideas, which Phil had already replied to.

But I'm obviously out numbered here. What started as an innocent statement about a friend's experience with disconnects and a subtle suggestion to go without a front sway bar has turned into a massive derailment and because I feel the need to be masochistic for some reason, I continue to participate in this conversation.

So is there a point to all of this? I'd like to think there is, but there really might not be. Instead, I'll leave you with a couple parting thoughts.

First, the biggest issue I had with his response to me yesterday (which I had a sensible chuckle over, by the way) was his immediate defensiveness about his product. I've worked in customer service for 15 years, if I tried to pin something on the user of the product and named that person out when no one else had, I would be out of a job.

Second, to get this back on track, maybe OP should try running no front sway bar at all for a while and see how he likes it. It might save him some time and money.

Last edited:
By the way, I had a nice little chuckle about the direction this thread has taken, while I was waiting for all the click-bait and google-ads and whatnot to spool up on my computer...

:moon:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom