Suspension installation help.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If there is anything I can help out with I would be more than happy to help. It would also give me a great excuse to meet some of you guys...Should be an 80 owner soon....

YAa, beers are on me! I will not be much help either, but am eager to learn and do what i can and or be directed on what i need to do. So, i hope to pick up the kit next Friday and i will send out invites soon there after. Thanks again!

suspension

I'm down to help....with everybody wrenching it'll probably take 45 minutes. the rest of the day could be spent drinking:beer::D

FYI, in the time it has taken to type all these posts, having never installed a lift before. you could have installed 2 OME lifts. :)

I would run 33" or 34" tires...
I've looked around for 34"s but can't seem to find much of them. Do you have any suggestions? SoCal_80, in a few weeks sound real good. You might even want to inspect your birfs and see if they need some TLC. I can lend a hand with that as well.

I can do a keg'r, no prob! So, i think i will be picking up a kit either on Friday or Saturday and will let and then throw out some dates to see who is around to give this a go. So, i guess i am going with MAF's Old Man Emu and 4+Plus 80 Series 3-inch Suspension Kit kit vs their "level stance" 3/2 kit - 80 Series Level Stance Suspension Kits . Is this still a good choice ? Sorry for all of the questions, i just do not want to drop big $$$ and end up not being happy. Thanks again!

Last edited:
It seems that a lot of guys wished they had gone with the the six-inch kit right from the start.

Yup, basically everyone i know with the 4" :D

Those caster plates just "arent right"

It seems that a lot of guys wished they had gone with the the six-inch kit right from the start.

Overall I would agree but having the 6" now there is alot to address when you do it at once which can be intimidating and costly for a beginner. I have found that I didn't waste nearly as much money having Mud to pawn off my old lifts/parts to fellow Cruiserheads with. :grinpimp:

Alright...I guess i made my decision and i am going with MAF's Old Man Emu and 4+Plus 80 Series 3-inch Suspension Kit kit and BFG AT 295/75's . For the type of driving i will be doing, this appears to be the best set up. Again, picking up the lift on Friday so i will send invites for the install fiesta at my place soon there after.

Any news??? When is the install party?? Just got back from Gorman...Great times...

I'm looking forward to this "lift party", I might have a lift to install with you Sean. Should be good times all around

Ok....I got the kit on Friday...Luckily had had meetings in the general area and it was a good excuse to head over to MAF and grab the parts and save on shipping. What does next Saturday or Sunday look for everyone ? I am out of town this week but get in late on Friday and should be ready to go on Saturday or Sunday. I still have to check with the boss/wife, but if some of the experts out there can make it, i would love to get started on it! Let me know and i will order the pizzas and get the :beer::beer: on ice!

I forgot about moms day:frown:. Maybe weekend after?

Crap...I forgot about Mom's Day also....I think it would be best to shoot for the following weekend. Let me check on things and i will then post a formal invite. Thanks for the reminder!

Dang, dude, following weekend is Memorial Day weekend. Have a small trip planned with the :princess: and it would be, well, not good to miss that one - worse than Mothers Day for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom