Supercharging 2005 LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, figured I would get a thread started for this.

I just picked up an amazing deal on a super charger and could really use some help/ advice.

I was able to get just the unit itself and nothing else. I really don’t know where to start when it comes to finding everything I need.

A few of the immediate questions I have are, which ecu / piggy back do I need? Is there a specific model number I need to hunt?

I’m new to the world of boost, but have always wanted to do this. Attached is the unit and the truck it is going on.

7CE23EF6-704D-4B55-861B-21A06FB794FA.jpeg

B9EF1671-43D3-4E60-8A6B-7DD982AEFAA1.jpeg

4229270E-9ECE-4C11-AC6E-DC15DA7C67DD.jpeg

So you're the one who took the leap to see if it was a scam or not! Nice score!!

So you're the one who took the leap to see if it was a scam or not! Nice score!!
Yes sir! Sending it off to Jokerz Performance to have it looked at.

Now I’ve just got to find all the stuff to go with it. Still in shock I was able to snag it.

Saw this on Reddit and you are a lucky SOB
Looking at the newbie guide, I need a lot of stuff lol.

Im probably going to stop by the dealership and see if there is anything at all they can order.

Bracket, hoses, bolts.

I feel like this is going to suck.

Did you source your parts? I can help (did it 3 years ago, it did suck, but I had help).

Hardest to find will be the fuel banjo bolt, aux fuel line (maybe have one custom made), and TRD thermostat. If you don't have the TRD ECU and are going to be modified off of stock you will also need a unichip, hopefully Tony has some units. Others have figured it out with a map3? Not familiar with that software. Unichip works okay, but I had to tune mine and most shops don't have the software or knowledge (can help here too).

If your still looking let me know what parts and I can give you part numbers and source.

Fuel rails and banjo bolt here, absolute ripoff of a price. You can source the pullets from rock auto and ATS performance can help you with the pulley bracket and spacers...

Let us know how the sourcing is going!

Did you source your parts? I can help (did it 3 years ago, it did suck, but I had help).

Hardest to find will be the fuel banjo bolt, aux fuel line (maybe have one custom made), and TRD thermostat. If you don't have the TRD ECU and are going to be modified off of stock you will also need a unichip, hopefully Tony has some units. Others have figured it out with a map3? Not familiar with that software. Unichip works okay, but I had to tune mine and most shops don't have the software or knowledge (can help here too).

If your still looking let me know what parts and I can give you part numbers and source.

Fuel rails and banjo bolt here, absolute ripoff of a price. You can source the pullets from rock auto and ATS performance can help you with the pulley bracket and spacers...

Let us know how the sourcing is going!

Dude... I forgot to update this post. ****ing UPS lost the package. All 75lbs of it. It went out for delivery to Jokerz Performance and never arrived. Got the dreaded "Your package is experiencing a delay".

I insured it and just recently got the insurance check from UPS, which I will say was no short of a ****ing nightmare to sort through. It took me running ads on Instagram and tweet bombing them for 2 months to get a resolution.

So... no Supercharger any more. I ended up buying coilovers for the M3 and will look to turboing the 100 at some point in the future.

That absolutely breaks my heart, especially since I plan to get my unit ported by him someday.....hopefully UPS gave you a decent payout!

IF I could do it over again I would get the elate unit and have it shipped over (as long as you arent in CA / smog state). Intercooler option sounds amazing...

That absolutely breaks my heart, especially since I plan to get my unit ported by him someday.....hopefully UPS gave you a decent payout!

IF I could do it over again I would get the elate unit and have it shipped over (as long as you arent in CA / smog state). Intercooler option sounds amazing...

All I will say is, it was extremely sketchy. I had to do a credit card chargeback from him because after 2 months of waiting for him to refund me.. he kept giving excuses. "I have a lot of money tied up in pay pal and its not a good time". When i talked to him on the phone he told me had 5/6 blowers go missing the month prior to me shipping and that he doesnt even insure them any more because of how often they go missing. Apparently UPS doesn't want to pay out.

If you do ship to him or anyone really - insure for the full value. I insured for 5k and it was an absolute battle to get it back. Keep all receipts surrounding the purchase of the item ( if you have any ).

The biggest hurdle was the declared value. They said since I couldn't show how much i purchased it for, it must be worthless. I sent them like 10 listings for them ranging between 7-12k including the one from elate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom