Suggestions on camping/trail riding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I'm planning a camping trip for the family weekend of April 8th. I'm new to the whole off road thing. I need some suggestions of where to camp and get some trail riding in. I'd like to stay within an hour of Anderson, Sc. Not looking for serious off roading but more than just a flat dirt road. This is just an over night trip to get our feet wet. My wife and I have camped quite a bit, but never with three small children. Thanks!

I'd go up to horsepasture and see if there will be some spots available. But if you going Saturday then most spots may have been already taken. You could reserve a spot at Table rock state park and then hit up horsepasture. It's off 178

Another option just up the road from you is the Burrell's Ford area. You could car camp at Oconee State Park, just down the road or primitive camp near the river up at Burrell's Ford. There are lots of little spots on the Georgia side, too. That weekend will be crowded no matter where you go.
Burrell's Ford Rd., from Anderson, would be into Walhalla on Hwy 28, then bear right on Hwy 107. The road is a few miles up on the left, before the Fish Hatchery. it's on the map. About 2 miles to the Chattooga river. There is about 10 miles of good gravel road but several side roads to do some mild wheeling. There is an old Cemetery on the Georgia side that is really cool.
If you have not been to the Chattooga river, you will want to go even if you don't camp up there. It is a beautiful area and your kids can wade in the river (carefully) but it will still be COLD. If you trout fish, that is a good time of year to fish.
No phone service up there. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom