Successful Nav to Non-Nav Conversion - *Paging Cloudsurfin* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey guys... i know people on here, like ferg, have successfully done this conversion, and have been dropping helpful tips in this thread... but this thread is a little jumps around a little bit. i'm going to start another thread where i walk through what i did (which was 100% driven by the help of adonis san juan)

Please post a link in here when you have it posted.

Adonis is the go to guy for these conversions. He helped with ours and is a great source of information. Here is our Nav to Non Nav
conversion. It was easy to do really. Just takes a good amount of time. I would say 4 to 6 hours depending on your skills.

conversion

does it work with android auto too? do you mind providing a link? i'd like to see how it works with my google phone...

also, what does you user-interface screen look like when plugged into your phone? probably like the standard carplay screen....

Yes, I am. It works very well.

Yes, Standard CarPlay screen with functions to each Icon. I don't know about the Google phone. I believe there is a software included for the Android phones. Adonis would know for sure.

Are you all using the two part bezel for the lower?
It’s black, but I found the color match paint in Rustoleum “Black Night Metallic”.
Amazon product ASIN B000ZYUWQ8

I have a non-nav climate control module on the way, from online salvage yard search. Can’t find the lower Bezel though. Anyone know that part number?

Are you all using the two part bezel for the lower?
It’s black, but I found the color match paint in Rustoleum “Black Night Metallic”.
Amazon product ASIN B000ZYUWQ8

I have a non-nav climate control module on the way, from online salvage yard search. Can’t find the lower Bezel though. Anyone know that part number?
Let me see where I purchased mine. I will post it up.

So here's a little bit of interesting info I've discovered... This is a Prado 120 non-nav HVAC 55900-60642 that I've got 100% working in an 06/05 GX470. I took a *huge* chance on this thing cause I am just so damn curious on this stuff, but its worked out 100%, including cycling the compressor on and off. Now the Celsius degrees match the Celsius on my Prado field monitor (that i can't figure out how to switch to Fahrenheit--but now I dont care as much. haha)

20190623_124841.jpg
20190623_124918.jpg
20190623_124930_HDR.jpg
20190623_210647.jpg

Last edited:
So here's a little bit of interesting info I've discovered... This is a Prado 120 non-nav HVAC 55900-60642 that I've got 100% working in an 06/05 GX470. I took a *huge* chance on this thing cause I am just so damn curious on this stuff, but its worked out 100%, including cycling the compressor on and off. Now the Celsius degrees match the Celsius on my Prado field monitor (that i can't figure out how to switch to Fahrenheit--but now I dont care as much. haha)

View attachment 2011222View attachment 2011223View attachment 2011224View attachment 2011225
Very nice, looks really good!

Looking at parts today for this. I think I ID'd the part:

$1680.48!!

Did you guys find used controls?

Also, which head unit did you end up using?

Adonis is the go to guy for these conversions. He helped with ours and is a great source of information. Here is our Nav to Non Nav
conversion. It was easy to do really. Just takes a good amount of time. I would say 4 to 6 hours depending on your skills.

Where did you get the lower trim for the HVAC controls?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom