Stupid Question: Land Cruiser or Land Rover? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You Don't Scare Me!

Don't worry guys, you won't scare me away. I will get pics of my 80 soon... ;) I love talkin' to you guys, I thought that I was the only crazed maniac about my LC 80! :D

I got it in Oct of last year with 94000 miles on it for $9950 I knew that it was a blessing from God b/c I had been looking for 4-5 years. Its burgundy with tan cloth interior.

When we got it, it was in the shop almost every other week to fix the usual things that go out @ 100,000mi: O2 Sensors, rotors, brakes.... All of it was factory stock, nothing was replaced.

But now it is doing great! Nothing but an oil change now and then! :)

Another QUESTION: I have no mechanical experience @ all, but I want to learn so I can fix my LC on my own...what do I do?

THANKS AGAIN!!

CRUISIN' BECKY

Cruisin' Becky said:
[

Another QUESTION: I have no mechanical experience @ all, but I want to learn so I can fix my LC on my own...what do I do?

THANKS AGAIN!!

CRUISIN' BECKY

That's easy.....

Contact C-Dan (see post #40 above) and order a FSM (Factory Service Manual)

Open to any page and start reading.

LabRat11 said:
That's easy.....

Contact C-Dan (see post #40 above) and order a FSM (Factory Service Manual)

Open to any page and start reading.

I would suggest instead some introductory book on car repair, something like "Fixing your car for Dummies" etc to learn first the generalities. The FSM is very dry and technical, it does not explain anything, just tells you how to take things apart. You would not know what's important to do or not and why with the FSM.

Another Stupid Question...

Another STUPID QUESTION:

Is there a TRD supercharger for the '95 LC?

What is the lowdown about the TRD supercharger? Does it eat up more gas?

Thanks again!

Finally more power for your Land Cruiser. If you own a 1993-1997 FZJ80 Land Cruiser or Lexus LX450, you can now order the exciting TRD ® supercharger for your vehicle. The system was designed by TRD ® is now available for shipping.

Peak Horsepower increase is 100 hp at 4400 RPM with a maximum torque gain of 160 lb.ft. at 3200 RPM. The unit consists of a Eaton supercharger, all adapters and castings, vacuum hoses up to the last washer to make for a perfect installation. Detailed instructions are included with the system. The unit is covered by a 12 month warranty and can be installed by any Toyota dealership or by a competent DIY mechanic.

Fits 1993-1994 Part #: TOY1007
Price: $3600.00

Fits 1995-1997 Part #: TOY1008
Price: $3450.00

http://sleeoffroad.com/products/products_drivetrain_main.htm

(at the bottom)

Cruisin' Becky said:
Another STUPID QUESTION:

Is there a TRD supercharger for the '95 LC?

What is the lowdown about the TRD supercharger? Does it eat up more gas?

Thanks again!

it's not a stupid question. You can find lots of info by soing some "searches" in the archives here.
Dealing with a S/C is, however, something that is best left to experienced wrenchers and wheelers, and not something you'd want to get into with a new-to-you vehicle, I would think.

Cruisin' Becky said:

THANKS AGAIN!!

CRUISIN' BECKY

Besides the FSM also check to see if there is a local cruiser club in your area. Those guys will probably be happy to answer your questions and help you turn a wrench. What area are you from?

hks3sgte said:
Cruiserdan... I swear you have the most Land Rover jokes ever!

as far as i see he just recycles this one over and over :D

I have only repeated that one time, I just read it on the board recently...:rolleyes:

it is kinda funny tho...:D

oh i agree it's funny

i use it against the guy with a rangie in our club

everytime he gives us crap about leaf springs

Critter said:
I was unaware that Range Rover and Land Rover were both owned by Ford though. I knew Land Rover was for sure. I thought they had split them up.

They are the same company so to speak. Range Rover is a model designation, like Discovery or Freelander or Defender or Series, that is built by the company Land Rover, now owned by Ford after a brief tenure under the BMW umbrella.

hks3sgte said:
Troll? Nah.

Uhhhm....Yeah! :flipoff2:

Found the thread pretty amusing, but overall, they seemed quite perturbed. Not too cool.

UR :ban:

btw - who's Woody :confused:

btw II - vanilla happens to be one of my favorite flavors of bean. My other being coffee followed up by pinto.

WET

wileetoyote said:
Uhhhm....Yeah! :flipoff2:

Found the thread pretty amusing, but overall, they seemed quite perturbed. Not too cool.

UR :ban:

btw - who's Woody :confused:

btw II - vanilla happens to be one of my favorite flavors of bean. My other being coffee followed up by pinto.

WET

WOODY...who is Woody?

Only, the creator and almighty one there newb.
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :D

Last edited:
4_SASR_Afgh.jpg

5_SASR_Afgh.jpg

SASR_Afgha.jpg

Operation_Slipper_Aussie_k.jpg

No cruisers here, sas troopers with landrovers... :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom