Stuck in 4L with no idicator, CDL flashing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Troops, hoping someone can give me some suggestions. Had to leave my truck in a nearby parking lot after taking our dogs to run on powerline roads. I decided I would exercise the transfer case and shifted into 4L, no problem. Light came on, all good. Decided to to exercise CDL. Shifted to N, hit CDL button and got the dreaded flash. Tried the usual R, N, D... turning wheels, turn truck off and back on, etc... to no avail. So I needed to leave and so I shifted trans to neutral and TC to H4. 4L indicator light turned off on dash, but I'm still in low range. No light on the switch knob. I even pulled the #4 fuse from the inside panel, which resulted in a 4Lo flash on the dash, but nothing more. Replaced the fuse and it went back to no dash indicator for 4Lo, no light on the shift switch, and flashing CDL on the dash.

I've since tried everything I could think of including removing the gnd from battery temporarily.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. We're headed out for the night in my wife's car and I can hop over tomorrow to continue troubleshooting. Really hoping this doesn't wind up being a tow to the dealership.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Have you tried backing up a few feet then shifting? Battery condition?
Yeah, all those little tricks are attempted. Battery is 12.6 - gtg.

Thanks for input.

Get under the truck and give the CDL actuators a few good taps.

Is the truck up to temp? If not, get it up to temp by driving around and try again. BTW, you don't need to shift into neutral to engage the CDL.

Knocking the actuator with a dead blow worked. Thanks all.

Knocking the actuator with a dead blow worked. Thanks all.

Might be time to open up your actuator and clean up a little corrosion. I need to do the same, but it happen so infrequently I haven't taken the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom