Stuck 2nd row seat? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve got the second row passenger side seat that refuses to go up and forward. I’ve searched but haven’t found any hints as to how to access the inner workings, pop the striker or whatever. Does anybody have any sage advice before I start breaking more trim? It did this years ago and it eventually broke free on it’s from driving around. I’ve been waiting for months, but no luck yet. I need to haul some stuff soon.

IMG_0940.jpeg

Will it reset if you return it to fully open as you would sit in it? And then perform whatever is necessary?

Not sure about these trucks, but on 200 series they don’t do anything until returned to upright and reset.

No but thanks. Tried that already. I can’t get it loose no matter how hard I slam it open or by bouncing in it.

I’ve been trying to peek inside and see if there was a cable to tug on to check tension or release it because it feels like the lever goes to the end of its travel without tension. Just hesitant to pull the plastic open enough to see what’s inside because I’ve broken a number of bits inside already.

Got this same issue with mine. It's really annoying. I have a different issue with the other side as well. So the double seat doesn't unlock and go up and forward, while the single seat rear rest does not lock into position. So when you sit in that one you just swing back with your weight.....

Hah. Some GM have a single bolt supporting the seat back. The head snapped off on mine while on a road trip and I couldn’t get it out to replace it and didn’t have anything prop it up. It surprised me how tiring it was to drive like that.

Hah. Some GM have a single bolt supporting the seat back. The head snapped off on mine while on a road trip and I couldn’t get it out to replace it and didn’t have anything prop it up. It surprised me how tiring it was to drive like that.
Yeah the kids all hate to sit in that seat. It's always a fight who sits where hahaha....unless the wanna sleep during the trip then they don't mind.

Mine does that, you have to be rough with it. Start in the upright position and pull the lever and let it swing all the way while keeping ahold of the lever.

Mine does that, you have to be rough with it. Start in the upright position and pull the lever and let it swing all the way while keeping ahold of the lever.
Negative for this one. My well used 05 was like that. The strikers were scored and dry. It was remedied with some white lithium grease. This 07 looks like the rear seats were never used by the original owner. The third row was still wrapped in plastic and the striker on the second row looks like they only been moved once or twice. I finally crawled in and was able to move the cable actuated levers forward, and it immediately released. Just have to shorten the cable, however it comes out. You have to remove the pivot cover to access the tail end of the top seat cover from a channel by prying the channel open, see the orange tool. You roll it up and push the foam out of the way. So you can access the lever. Super easy once you see it. Not gonna mess with it further until I’m done using it for work.

IMG_1236.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

I'll second what Alleycats said. No amount of lithium grease will work until you get the seat lifted. Try folding the upright portion several times with a good slap from your palm. It will eventually go. I don't think the 1st owners of my GX EVER folded the rear seats. Once you get them folded, they can be lubed with a good lithium spray (like the OE Toyota stuff).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom