Striped 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my '77 45 had some stripes, i thought they looked pretty decent. I'm actually thinking to try to re-create them when i paint it.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t205/asdfg45l/IMG_2471Large.jpg

kinda hard to see there, but they're on the bottom of the tub and also on the hood

IMG_2471Large.jpg

is there anyone interested in putting these on? I am sure I could reproduce the factory graphics.

Last edited:
i love the old school graphics. don't think i would put em' on mine as it would take away from my trail pin-striping.

Mine is stripey

bp

picketrig1.jpg

Last edited:
I am tossing up this old thread, hoping that others will post pictures of their rigs with stripes.

I found the following photo on Texican's album....and like the stripes very much.
user631_pic7027_1239750794.jpg

Good idea vtcruiser60. Here's my cruiser in OZ around 1980:

OldAlbums09.jpg

Ps. The later date on the photo is because I took a digital photo of the colour-slide-image on that date - in case anyone wonders.
OldAlbums09.jpg

Last edited:
To revive a somewhat old thread. I've got a white FJ40 that will be undergoing a restomod somewhat and was looking for the old school graphics.

I'm thinking of embracing the 70's, but thinking something a little more modern with maybe some wave graphics...

Post up more graphics if any of you got any...

Ok, always some Moe pops up with something from the third world. I will redact my former post with further correct info. THERE WERE NO FACTORY STRIPES on models imported to the US. Dealer, or port installed ugliness.

Nice hood graphic - the truck must have been owned by a middle aged woman who likes younger men.

Come on, you know you brought that truck home, or at least the hood... :lol:

That graphic is awesome. ;)

Nice hood graphic - the truck must have been owned by a middle aged woman who likes younger men.

Funny thing is that back in 1996 I purchased a bunch of parts and a couple trucks from a guy and he effectively gave away the parts and trucks, however, he had three of those decal kits pictured here on this truck, and he wanted 500.00us for the decal kits. :rolleyes:

They were neat, but not that neat.

That rusted pile is likely still sitting in the wrecking yard, but the guy wanted 1500.00us. It did not run, and the body and interior were WASTED.

:beer:

see an Aussie striped 1982 FJ40 LX unfortunately fitted with Ford V6 motor
gb_40lx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom