Strange fridge smells while off solved - cross post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
It always to challenge to keep the fridge free of strange odors while not in use. I have been using charcoal bags with great results. After fridge use I just wipe the inside as normal drop in a bag and shut it. After sitting you will get no strange odor once opened and put back into use. To refresh the charcoal bag just set in the sun.

A1XKjGQmC3L._SL1500_.jpg

Tested this past weekend by leaving in the fridge while on and partly full, no strong food smell when open. I will be ordering more.

Where do you order these from?

I just prop my lid open when it's off, never had an issue. If something leaks I clean it out. I admittedly use mine a lot less than LCP, are others having this problem?

I just open mine, clean it after a run, use a towel to defeat the seal and keep dust out. non issue

I leave mine cracked. I also have several large silica packets of the 'Do Not Eat' variety thrown in there for good measure. Figured it wouldn't hurt.

I leave mine cracked. I also have several large silica packets of the 'Do Not Eat' variety thrown in there for good measure. Figured it wouldn't hurt.

IMG_1048.JPG

If anyone is interested, here is some shots of my fridge prop system.
Some pictures made possible by LCP gullwing window.

4C023B62-E285-4CDD-A673-23C360C7BE08.jpeg
9BD52D25-FA19-4D10-914A-17680E552D10.jpeg
AFD1013C-0B83-4CAD-8F58-AEF28594991C.jpeg

A367E05A-6E11-4932-9397-B0DE27AB16D8.jpeg

If anyone is interested, here is some shots of my fridge prop system.
Some pictures made possible by LCP gullwing window.

Nice. I like that. My fridge lid will hold itself open if you don't latch it completely. Just enough to vent it.

Good idea and thanks for sharing. certainly a useful product. I always keep my fridge cracked open with a towel when not in use and wipe it down well to avoid any funny odors. I will keep this item in mind.

got funk in the trunk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom