Stolen BJ60 from Abbotsford, BC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yup go into the bank, report all the cards gone. change everything.

now coastal cruisers time to go meet him when he gets out on bail..... drawn and quartered between two cruisers should be justice...

if someone needs help figuring out a kill switch just post up... or pm. I would do a power kill to the edic.

A little bit of Cliff Clavin tirvia...

I was reminded of an incident a few years back. Trucks tend to get stolen near the end of the month... a lot of people that need to move need a truck... not the best way to "borrow" a turck. It is fairly common near the end/beginning of the month.

I recall my ex-gf's brother had his truck stolen twice, and the police just found it on or just after the first of the month. It was the strangest thing to hear from the officers as to why truck theft is highest near the end of the month...they just shook their heads with the explanation.

As I recall, he was living out in PoCo at the time, and then moved to Mission... after his truck got stolen twice he got into the habit of sitting in his chair with a rifle with one eye on the truck, and the other on the television. (I swear I could hear banjos in the background :D)

Strange but true :eek:

Not to worry about the credit cards, because the CC companies have insurance for this, but do get to it sooner rather than later.

Keep us posted :)

Last edited:
Well, I still have not heard anything new on this theft. I took a drive out to Mission yesterday and am going to go out today as well. I did cancel all of my credit cards and such the night it was stolen. From what I have been hearing, there have been 5 Cruiser thefts between Langley and Abby. I guess we all will have to be hesitant when someone all of a sudden is selling parts. I havent heard what other trucks were stolen but it would be nice to know.

I would like to install a kill switch on the EDIC. Can someone let me know the best way to do this? Do you have to just put a switch on one of the wires?

Thanks again for everyones concern and for everyone keeping their eyes open.

I would like to install a kill switch on the EDIC. Can someone let me know the best way to do this? Do you have to just put a switch on one of the wires?

basically there is a couple ways to do it.

- look in your FSM wiring diagram, find the one of the power wires going to the EDIC relay. Find the relay. Not sure on a 42 where it is. But when you discover the wire cut it up a few inches from the relay. Then try starting the truck.
It should not start. That means you found the right wire. So you can get a switch and wire it with a few feet of wire to join this cut. Then when you close the switch it should start.

Now pick a really hidden spot for this.

Other thing you could do instead a switch is a removeable jack plug. Like an ipod jack. Have it in the glove box or under the seat... etc. make it so you have to plug in a jack to get it to work.

Other area you could tie into would be the low oil pressure cut off switch. The the edic would think you have no oil pressure and shut down the engine. That would be a bitch for thief cause they would get it started to have it stall 2 foot later. and not be able to restart it.

You could also use a push button switch on the edic power wire to start the truck. Then you have to hold the button to get edic power when you are cranking. Then after it starts you can let off the button. Then it runs normally till you want to shut it down, then you have to push the button and turn the key off.

It would serve double purpose as you could pull the keys out of the ignition and it would still run.

If you need more help I can look up the wires in the FSM....just PM me.

Sorry to hear about your cruiser Petzel. That really sucks. I'm just back from a Fri - Sun work trip into the Okanogan. I am always on the lookout for cruisers, safaris and other JDM vehicles but didn't see yours. I hope it is soon found intact.

As for the club, I use one but then again so did my neighbour and he got his Camry stolen from his driveway. The police told him it takes them just a few seconds to saw through the steering wheel and pop it off. The good new is my neighbours car was found in the usual place - Surrey. Looks like it was just joy riders or people who wanted it to commit other crimes. Last year had my trailer stolen and it turned up a few weeks later in Surrey.

Brownbear, I have never heard of a shifter lock. I would like to try that if someone can tell me where you can find them. I am also planning to do a kill switch when I get some time. But, a shifter lock I could do right now and feel a bit more secure that it would take a bit longer than club to saw through.

Too bad we couldn't get those wheel clamps like the metter cops use in the UK. That would stop auto theives in their tracks.

John

I don't remember seeing them here but I know they are very popular in Thailand and a couple other Asian countries. It basically is like a club/bike lock for you shifter.
My favorite, well I have 2, is one they have in Africa, mostly for car jacking. There are flame throwers under the doors pointing at an angle into the ground, that way you don't ruin the pain job but still make the thieves extra crispy.
Th other one is actually a local guy that does alarms. He wired his entire truck with something ridiculous like 10,000 volts to everything. He has huge neon green writing on the side of it cautioning people not to touch the van.
The other option for the gassers is to run a cable from you ignition coil to the seat and have a thin cable on - or close to the surface. If you don't know where the switch is you have a very unpleasant surprise when you turn it over.

just read your post . i'll be on the lookout for sure .this is my biggest fear .i would crap my pants if my rig was stolen . sounds kinda Suspicious 5 trucks between langley and abby .kinda risky to be selling stolen rigs or parts around the lower mainland with all the cruiser heads out here ,F'n theifs , this crap pisses me off . I will be on the lookout , really hope you get it back in one piece , :mad:

Well, I still have not heard anything new on this theft. I took a drive out to Mission yesterday and am going to go out today as well. I did cancel all of my credit cards and such the night it was stolen. From what I have been hearing, there have been 5 Cruiser thefts between Langley and Abby. I guess we all will have to be hesitant when someone all of a sudden is selling parts. I havent heard what other trucks were stolen but it would be nice to know.

Thanks again for everyones concern and for everyone keeping their eyes open.

Th other one is actually a local guy that does alarms. He wired his entire truck with something ridiculous like 10,000 volts to everything. He has huge neon green writing on the side of it cautioning people not to touch the van.

I like this... but the liability of kid standing in a puddle who touches your vehicle just isn't worth it.

But you could put a large battery in the back, hooked to an inverter, use electric fence gear to energize it... and use a remote on/off switch on a key fob to turn the power off. But I would be scared to touch it after... you would need a multimeter to see if there is residual voltage hanging out :D

Also for extended periods it could have a solar panel on the roof to recharge the battery.

I just read your post
crap that sucks, that's a really nice Cruiser

I'll keep an eye open for your rig.
I caught a Cruiser thief a few years ago. Maybe I can be lucky again

kinda risky to be selling stolen rigs or parts around the lower mainland with all the cruiser heads out here

not necasarily i worked for a towing company up north that got busted for stealing cars in vancouver , the owner and acomplices would come down for the weekend and steal a couple of cars with the tow truck take them back up and strip them in thier own salvage yard , who would ever even be suspicios of them they woul be waved right thru by the cops . and dont forget about jeep thrills .

not necasarily i worked for a towing company up north that got busted for stealing cars in vancouver , the owner and acomplices would come down for the weekend and steal a couple of cars with the tow truck take them back up and strip them in thier own salvage yard , who would ever even be suspicios of them they woul be waved right thru by the cops . and dont forget about jeep thrills .

In all the time we parted out trucks at the Richmond shop, I was never approached by the police or anyone else wondering if we were a chop shop. I always expected a visit and made sure I kept all my documentation on the trucks I bought and parted.

Sorry to hear of your stolen rig. Somebody should dig up the Story of Steve catching the bad guy. It was funnay!

Good reminder to use all the locking devices you have. I've a bad habit of not using the club...but at least the alarm is on all the time.

The majority that I have heard of in the Abbotsford area show up a few weeks later, having been used for who knows what. I am calling the Abbotsford area the entire Lower Mainland...from Chilliwack to Surrey.

If it drags on, and there is still no show then start watching Craigs list, buy/sell, etc for parts. If you have any hits let me know too. I can ride shotgun. Sheldons 7* series ARB bar and winch have never showed up iirc.

Bruce, I've thought the same about us...

gb

Some intersting security products here including steering locks which cover the full wheel: http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatalog/Car_Caravan_Security.html

I do like the idea of setting up a ignition coil to zap the hell out of anyone who doesn't lknow where the security switch is if they try to start it with or without the key. In this day and age, the thieves go free without any pain or suffering and the victims pay. Cost me $164 to get my trailer out of impound last year after it was stolen. What made me even mader was having to pay GST. WTF is this world coming to when the governement makes money off of victims of crime. I am sure if the thieves ever got caught and were sent to jail, the worst they would have to suffer is free food and entertainment.:mad:

Greg, I am with you on riding shotgun. When I was young growing up in a small BC town, we left everything open. It wasn't that we had a remarkable police force or that everyone my age was very honest. People knew if you stole or vandalized, at best, you would get a good beating from your dad or worse from other locals. I am not into being a vigilante but he*ll the courts aren't doing anything to create a deterant and a lot of parents just don't give a damn.

Hope the truck turns up soon. Maybe I might take a drive up Sumas this afternoon and have a look around.

John

I've used an Autolok I ordered from England for years. A few years back ICBC tested all the steering wheel lock devices and it was the best they could find. I haven't seen it sold over here in Canada but you can order it from England. Here's one possible source:

http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatalog/Autolok_Steering_Wheel_Lock.html

I had one of the older ones on my Tercel for YEARS and it was never touched. Tercels can be stolen with a thin screwdriver in about 1 minute and with a normal club on the wheel maybe 3 minutes (thieves just hacksaw the steering wheel and slip the club off). So take a look at this option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom