Stock Tire Size / 32's Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a stock tire size / 32's thread?

I know there's a 33's thread. And a 35's thread.

Thought maybe there's a thread somewhere for people with basically stock 80's...?

Is there a stock tire size / 32's thread?

I know there's a 33's thread. And a 35's thread.

Thought maybe there's a thread somewhere for people with basically stock 80's...?

People with stock 80's on ih8mud?
Go home WarTruck your drunk :)

I can show you mine before I added 33's

P1180835.JPG

I run ~32" (stock was tire size was ~ 275/70/16) on a 17" wheel. FWIW it is a 255/75/17 Michelin Cross Terrian X and formerly ran a 265/70/17 Michelin LTX A/T2. Both are great tires.

People with stock 80's on ih8mud?
Go home WarTruck your drunk :)

Haha - I know, I know...

I saw an awesome 80 in the middle of a movie last night, set in Afghanistan - it was stock-looking, cruising around on the broken mountain trails - looked right at home, very capable. Made me wonder if I should stay stock or do the 33's + lift thing...

Anyway - let's see some great near-stock 80's!

Haha - I know, I know...

I saw an awesome 80 in the middle of a movie last night, set in Afghanistan - it was stock-looking, cruising around on the broken mountain trails - looked right at home, very capable. Made me wonder if I should stay stock or do the 33's + lift thing...

Anyway - let's see some great near-stock 80's!
for your consideration, here is 33's stock
HDR2.jpg

Yep you could always just run 285's with stock suspension. I've got OME stock height rear coils with IronMan springs up front to compensate for the bumper weight. Looks stockish but with 295's.

i have 285s with OME "stock" springs and 10mm spacers. looks perfect to me. i can run oem shocks and no driveline problems. rides great on cross country drive. i still get 15.5-16 mpg at 55 mpg. with my Warn M12000 and factory lockers i think it will go anywhere i want. Sliders would help since it is lacking on clearance. but i really built it more as a mildly built expo style truck.

265 mud tires and 3x locked, goes just about anywhere.

006.JPG

i have 285s with OME "stock" springs and 10mm spacers. looks perfect to me. i can run oem shocks and no driveline problems. rides great on cross country drive. i still get 15.5-16 mpg at 55 mpg. with my Warn M12000 and factory lockers i think it will go anywhere i want. Sliders would help since it is lacking on clearance. but i really built it more as a mildly built expo style truck.

That sounds good, probably a great setup for me. Can you post photos?

Last edited:
send me your email and i will try to sen you a few pics from my phone. right now i am in a area with no web and only spotty phone service. i dont know how to uplode photos from my phone but i think i can send them to emails.

that some of the best mpg i have had. bozman to west yellowstone, 90 miles flat at a easy 55 the whole way. it will drop fast as you get moving faster or use your right foot.

Here's my 1992 FJ80 with 17's, but the size is basically stock at 265/70R17. The truck is still riding on the original saggy suspension for now.
Andrew's 92 FJ80.jpg

First two pictures posted are after OME 2.5" med duty shocks/springs. Stock 275/70/15 tires. Bottom two pictures are before new shocks springs - factory suspension and tires

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom