Builds Stiflers Hzj75rv Mild build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive seen some front, but always at the expense of the ac condenser. Does this one allow retention of AC :p
From the website:

To make space for the intercooler core, the air conditioner piping has to be rerouted. The components to do this are included in the kit and the task is simple enough. Spacers are provided to space the radiator back at the top. Then the condenser has a few spacers and longer bolts to allow that to also be pushed back so that nothing touches. The condenser stays in place and flexible lines take care of the rest of the relocating. Initial testing on two different cruisers resulted in the fitter doing the regassing comment on how well the system was performing. With the installation of the core up front it continues to work really well - on a hot day it is the place to be.

I have a F/M I/C from PDI on my HZJ77, which is pretty much identical to the 75. Cannot say enough good things about the quality and fitment. Yes, the kit comes with all parts needed to relocate the A/C, although very tight it all fits. One thing that I had to sacrifice was the linkage for the A/C idle up on the side of the pump, reason is, mine is 24v, thus has the added congestion of the 2nd battery, which does not allow enough room for the piping to pass. Don't waste your time with the top mount or water/air, F/M is the way to go. I have yet to get my EGT's over 1100, that's lugging it up a steep hill, 99% it stays under a 1000. PM and I can send you some close up pics of the install.

I have a F/M I/C from PDI on my HZJ77, which is pretty much identical to the 75. Cannot say enough good things about the quality and fitment. Yes, the kit comes with all parts needed to relocate the A/C, although very tight it all fits. One thing that I had to sacrifice was the linkage for the A/C idle up on the side of the pump, reason is, mine is 24v, thus has the added congestion of the 2nd battery, which does not allow enough room for the piping to pass. Don't waste your time with the top mount or water/air, F/M is the way to go. I have yet to get my EGT's over 1100, that's lugging it up a steep hill, 99% it stays under a 1000. PM and I can send you some close up pics of the install.

That is good to hear. Prior to buying the PDI for my 80 series project, I bought a water to air setup for my HZJ75. I am likely going to scrap that setup and just order another PDI for the Troopy. PM coming for install pics.

Intercooler Kits - Products 4WD Intercooler + Turbo Kits

They also sell intercooler kits from Cruisers. I bought one for a 1HDT 80-series, looks real nice but I have not installed it yet.

Cheers

Is this really where they suggest mounting the intercooler?

image1.jpeg

here are some photos of the install, mine is on a 1HDFT, but the routing and fitment is the same for the 1HDT.

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3208.JPG

looking down along the IP

IMG_3204.JPG

On the air cleaner side, hugs it nicely

IMG_3209.JPG

You do have to trim the front grill quiet a bit, I heard ones from a later year 70 could work without trimming...

Thanks for the pics and the discussion, i said the same thing when I saw how low it was. :)

@Loober beauty job on the ft in a 77.

If I were to do the turbo route all again I would sell the 1hz and pay for a 1hd-t. The dream would be to find an FT. Maybe one day I’ll do that in my 79

@Loober beauty job on the ft in a 77.

If I were to do the turbo route all again I would sell the 1hz and pay for a 1hd-t. The dream would be to find an FT. Maybe one day I’ll do that in my 79

Thanks, I love how Mr. T kept so many things the same between the HZ, HDT and FT, that the dimensions of the motor, accessories, motor mounts etc. are all practically the same so it fit in there without much trouble. Like you said, the hardest part was finding the motor.

Gettin pieces and parts for the turbo install. Pillar pod from Oz arrived this weekend. Not bad for the price. Will be painting it white to match, redarc gauges look good, still waiting for the boost egt combo meter, but the dual battery meter has a home finally.

IMG_20190120_114313.jpg
IMG_20190120_114307.jpg
IMG_20190120_113826.jpg
IMG_20190120_113819.jpg

I dunno how they do things in the hill billy hollar that you live in sir.... But its popsicle sticks and gaffer tape for me....
I wish "Hill Billy Hollar" would fit on a vanity license plate. That would be cool on the pickup. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom