Stereo questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Behold, the KILL SWITCH...

To the right of the xm receiver. I had a spare hand brake adjust knob, that is it poking through the blank dash switch cover. I'll look for a sexier knob, but for now, it works perfectly.

:clap:... and those shackles are awesome! Reminds me of the post recently of a jeep iirc with 20" shackle lift.

:clap:... and those shackles are awesome! Reminds me of the post recently of a jeep iirc with 20" shackle lift.

20" Shackle lift? WTF? Please post a pic if you can.
:beer:

-Carl

Anyone here put in a component (separate tweeter) system in place of the combined mid/tweeter in the front door panels? These things:

TSD520C.jpg

Means installing the crossover + cutting a hole in the door panels. Wondering if its worth it to get the tweeters up higher, closer to the ears.

Anyone here put in a component (separate tweeter) system in place of the combined mid/tweeter in the front door panels? These things:

TSD520C.jpg

Means installing the crossover + cutting a hole in the door panels. Wondering if its worth it to get the tweeters up higher, closer to the ears.

LOL - those are my speakers! 720prc or something like that iirc.

They should be a big improvement. My leg is right in the way of the speaker in driver's door. I wish i could tell you how much better it sounds, but still in the box... lined up after dampener finish, and paint.

It should be a big improvement. Especially over stock.

GL!

rob

where do i find the adapter/piece to fill in lower half of stereo hole and use as extra storage instead of empty space???

Uh...well, wel'll see what people say how they look :rolleyes:.

:censor:

-Carl

Anyone have an idea to where I could get the covers for the front speakers? Im not 100% sure they will fit, but they are probably pretty cheap. Checked $OR and couldnt find them.

Thanks

-Carl

where do i find the adapter/piece to fill in lower half of stereo hole and use as extra storage instead of empty space???

I picked mine up at BestBuy...

Anyone have an idea to where I could get the covers for the front speakers? Im not 100% sure they will fit, but they are probably pretty cheap. Checked $OR and couldnt find them.

-Carl

Here they are from SOR... about $40.00/piece, pricey!

tojo-

another option would be to mount metal speaker grills (maybe they came with replacement speakers) over those, which would clean the look up quite a bit. the speakers probably have the mounting for them so you would only have to drill through the waferboard panels on the sides and then screw the grills into the speakers.

could also check the parting out section to see if someone is parting out a 62 and has a spare set for sale. I personally think that metal grills look better, but I have a 60 so my speaker areas are round insted of square!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom