Builds Stepping into the 45 Club - My FZJ45 Resto-Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CaptClose

SILVER Star
Threads
My first post in the 45 forum. I’ve been a longtime Land Cruiser owner. Started with a 60 and now an 80. My current project is a 65 FJ45 LWB.

I’m starting with basically a rolling chassis that I picked up from Dennis @Tank5 up in New Mexico.

B97FB5FB-F15D-42C4-A88F-0F4716AEFE57.jpeg

The plan is to drop a 1FZ-FE with an H-55 gearbox.

56EA4426-AEA1-4422-9CF7-989534170CE7.jpeg

This afternoon I started stripping the frame to get it ready to go to the sand blaster.

this should be a fun project. Say tuned...

Glad to see it is underway. I'm looking forward to the end product. That 1fz/5 speed should zip that truck along very nicely.

:popcorn:. Hoping to see the Cavazos touch. Perfect.

Are you coming to SAS#4 Michael? We can swap parts in Colorado maybe.

I'm not sure yet. It's way too early for me to forecast that date. I hope to be there!

Made a run to Florida with Jimmy this week. He had to pickup an HJ61 and I had to grab the motor for this build.

EBB19C48-BF15-4C01-8157-E6B2F367E3DE.jpeg

CB36B65A-1D09-4D0D-BC3C-A116470E7216.jpeg

Looks like this engine has been well maintained. Once the frame is ready, I’ll get the motor mounts nicked up and welded in place.

Made a run to Florida with Jimmy this week. He had to pickup an HJ61 and I had to grab the motor for this build.

View attachment 2116589

View attachment 2116592

Looks like this engine has been well maintained. Once the frame is ready, I’ll get the motor mounts nicked up and welded in place.

You sure cover a lot of country. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Looks like an early motor 94?

@CaptClose has a dream job. It’s hard to explain. He has an account or App of some sort that he checks to see if money is coming in. It takes apparently 5 minutes. If it is, then he is free all day. This is why gets to be wingman on soooo many trips. I don’t think the trip he made to “Colombia” is related to the App. He told me it’s something to do with Schumann/ Mozart/ Chopin, Band Directors and ditzy parents. Anywhooo. McDreamy. I envy his time both at and away from work.

Reportedly his neighbors knock on his door worried if they see him sitting at his desk in his home office:oops:.

Perfect job to feed the insatiable cruiser gig. Notin wron wid dat.

When I grow up I want to be like @CaptClose.

@CaptClose has a dream job. It’s hard to explain. He has an account or App of some sort that he checks to see if money is coming in. It takes apparently 5 minutes. If it is, then he is free all day. This is why gets to be wingman on soooo many trips. I don’t think the trip he made to “Colombia” is related to the App. He told me it’s something to do with Schumann/ Mozart/ Chopin, Band Directors and ditzy parents. Anywhooo. McDreamy. I envy his time both at and away from work.

Reportedly his neighbors knock on his door worried if they see him sitting at his desk in his home office:oops:.

Perfect job to feed the insatiable cruiser gig. Notin wron wid dat.

When I grow up I want to be like @CaptClose.

I keep telling you man... just invite 10 of your friends over to your house and I’ll tell you all about the opportunity Amway has to offer. Say goodbye to your boss and hello to the world of Cruiser Pickin 😉

Amway sells cruiser parts?

Amway sells cruiser parts?

Can you imagine if they did? Somehow we’d all be millionaires. You buy a split case, then you get four friends to buy a gearbox, those four friends... all they need to buy is a bezel and recruit four more friends each to buy axles, and then we all retire 🤣

WOW! On all fronts. Looking forward to starting my 45 too.

REALLY odd side note. @CaptClose , I illustrated the first ever illustrated Amway Annual Report cover decades ago.

WOW! On all fronts. Looking forward to starting my 45 too.

REALLY odd side note. @CaptClose , I illustrated the first ever illustrated Amway Annual Report cover decades ago.

That’s awesome brother. Post up a pic of you can find it 👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom