Steering Stabilizer. Which one is King ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You might be right. I bought the 2" Front (+220 lb) and rear 3" Rear (+440 lb) OME spring to compensate for load and bumpers, so the ride is a little firm and jangling.
That's why I was surprised that the overall results on impact is bouncy. Even when sitting in the driveway. I jump up and down on the bumper and it bounces TWICE before settling. The OEM shocks settled on one bounce. Not sure what to make of it...
Experience the same effect with Slinky 3" coils and Icon 2.5 RR shocks. Have been pretty disappointed and thought maybe it was just me. Did you end up changing things out?

Update with over 2 years on the Dobinson steering stabilizer. Up until recently, it has been great. I may have lost a wheel weight and got a wobble at about 40mph the other day so I wanted to adjust the stabilizer. Lo and behold, I found the instructions don’t talk about details on adjustments so I don’t know if clockwise or counterclockwise will tighten this up. Does anyone know off the top of their head?

Haha, I also forget! I wanna say in (clockwise) is tighter? IIRC, it should be immediately obvious thru experimentation.

Update with over 2 years on the Dobinson steering stabilizer. Up until recently, it has been great. I may have lost a wheel weight and got a wobble at about 40mph the other day so I wanted to adjust the stabilizer. Lo and behold, I found the instructions don’t talk about details on adjustments so I don’t know if clockwise or counterclockwise will tighten this up. Does anyone know off the top of their head?
It's righty tightyy and lefty loosey

Can somebody help a brother out. Looking for a good replacement for my Stabilizer mine still has the factory one. Should I go with OME/ Fox if so which one ?? I see there are a few different part numbers
97’ FZJ
i upgraded to an OME and the control was rock solid.....its a great choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom