Steering box hail mary. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMikeyG

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello. The reason I am posting in the 40-55 section will become clear. Has anyone received an incorrect steering box from West Texas Off-road within the last year? I sent them an 80 series box, and the 105 upgrade parts but got an incorrect box shipped back. If I was more well versed in all cruisers, the angle of the "tube" section and the funny brackets attached to said box should have been a big clue.
Long story short, the box I got back is for a 40 series. Apparently, it's an earlier 40 series box, and therefore more rare than my 80 box. I'm just curious if anyone has parts sitting waiting on project progress or some other delayed situation like that? Justin at West Texas seemed flabbergasted by the whole thing, and I felt bad hitting him up with this after the complete crap week+ they've had down there, but wrong parts is wrong parts.
I've got receipt scans and pictures of the box compiled into an email to help with his detective work at the shop.

They shipped the box to me in May of 2020.

Cheers.
-Mike.

Darn that’s no good, the 105 sector shaft is expensive. I had them rebuild a mini-truck bos for me about 4 years ago and it’s starting to leak so I was wondering if their quality is slipping.

Maybe I need to send in my mini box and see if I win the lottery and get an 80 box with a 105 shaft in return.

Sounds like you got this guy's oem ps box.
@CruiserheadFJ40

Post some pics to verify. The 40 oem ps box is easily mistaken for a mini-truck ps box.

@B y r o n Maybe something as simple as a lead. The time delay is what happens when you start sourcing parts for an "eventual" project. Since I don't know every variation of part by a quick glance at it while sitting in the box, and no light bulb went off when I initially sent pictures down to Texas, I didn't get any other news until this past week when I finally have my truck into a shop for some work. So maybe someone else was stockpiling parts (to minimize downtime). Another member just posted a similar thread regarding seatbelts. His post was way more timely than mine however.

Here are some pictures

47B54FA7-F5BA-409C-831B-377E0D02F8F2.jpeg

D468E2DE-4ED9-4100-BE2B-0D5336DC36A3.jpeg

A5EC9298-CD66-4A97-A04F-B4A3D5DD91C2.jpeg

3374553C-A9A0-4FA5-B653-959C3DEEAA55.jpeg

An 80 series sector shaft would stick out of this housing. We did a quick line up of that at the shop too.

looking back, my mess was in august of 20. Expensive lesson learned; deal with the leak or fix it yourself.

I ended up with a decent solution for my "issue" which will work out well for all concerned. my biggest take away is to ask a question right away instead of 4-12 months down the line, if a part looks "off." I may close the thread if I have that option, or Mods can close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom