Starting my project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am semi unpacked and looking to start on the Mini truck, I do need some parts so I thought I would give a shout out to see if anybody had any they wanted to sell. The truck is an 89 super cab long bed. I will be needing some fiberglass front fenders, LS1 shorty headers, aluminum radiator (preferred 40 or mini truck), front windshield, winch(warn 8000 or better) and fuel line connectors for LS... If any body has coil overs I may be interested too.

I found a couple of buckets of 40 parts, front grill, windshield frame and some early 40 doors that can be made into 1/2 doors when I unpacked. I will try to bring them to the super secret meeting place next time.

Good to hear! If you end up going new, Belanger Headers here in Phoenix builds the nicest set of LS1 or GEN 3 style headers with a "pickle" just before the flange to help build torque and they have a truck style (for auto trans. applications) or a corvette style header (for manual applications) both have the pickle baffle for torque. Glassworks has the best fit on Toyotas when it comes to glass fenders if you can find some, I will keep my ears open. Do you still have your 40?

edit: Also don't know if you've seen race-dezert.com, it's a great place to find used/new coilovers and fiberglass.

Last edited:
No Cruiser, sold it a while back to my good friend in Dallas. This information is good, May call you next week to see what is going on.. This weekend inlaws are in and the month of Oct is already full with trips to texas, mexico and hopefully some cirle track racing.. Depends on how it all works out....

Luckily I got to test fit a bunch of parts in the 5 years i've been rebuilding my pre-runner with the LS1. I wish I put a manual in the 40 so I could have run the Bellanger vette headers, talk about a growl... When it comes time to tune and turn off the vats I have a lead on a very good tuner who does off-road/on-road race tuning, AZ TPI did my 40 tune but I would never send anyone there, same with AZ speed and marine. Have fun out on the track in your roundy round, I hear they are a blast!

Also, call me on the fuel line connectors, I know some options and can possibly borrow a hydraulic GM hard line flaring tool to make the job easier when it comes time.

Luckily I got to test fit a bunch of parts in the 5 years i've been rebuilding my pre-runner with the LS1. I wish I put a manual in the 40 so I could have run the Bellanger vette headers, talk about a growl... When it comes time to tune and turn off the vats I have a lead on a very good tuner who does off-road/on-road race tuning, AZ TPI did my 40 tune but I would never send anyone there, same with AZ speed and marine. Have fun out on the track in your roundy round, I hear they are a blast!

Also, call me on the fuel line connectors, I know some options and can possibly borrow a hydraulic GM hard line flaring tool to make the job easier when it comes time.

You almost done building that 40? I'd like to see the final product. From what i saw, it is going to be impressive.

BTW, I like your sig line :clap:

You almost done building that 40? I'd like to see the final product. From what i saw, it is going to be impressive.

it looked really purdy to me :D

BTW, I like your sig line :clap:

I lost the initial fire and am finishing up my Chebby since she's been waiting for 5+ years to be done, long story short I am going in order of appearance on the projects, but the 40 will be next to get finished. Thanks both for the kind words, it makes me feel great to hear that about something I have so much time and energy invested in. Everything was planned ahead, and I wanted to build a beauty that could stand up to me abusing it and rolling it (hence a 2" .120 wall cage) but would look clean too.

Remodeling the dinning room this weekend but should be close to done Monday. if you need some help let me know...

Here's a pic of my mini, wife still wants a 40 but it will be a while....
dining room.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom